FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Multiple loss

Pepper13
Community Member

In the last couple of years I have lost my beautiful mum, my aunt, my cousin and my best friend.

My marriage broke down and I'm now a single mum to two gorgeous children.

Last week we had to put my dog down.

I now help my dad out a lot.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing here but I just feel a bit overwhelmed and I guess I'm just looking for some support.

2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Pepper, a warm welcome to the site and I am so terribly sorry for all that you have lost, my heart opens up to you and know what you must be going through is horrendous.

I also appreciate that your dad could also be suffering the same way, but maybe keeping it all to himself, but giving him the help he needs I applaud you, as this could be difficult trying to hold yourself together, and that's not easy.

Can I ask you if your two gorgeous children are trying to cope or are they trying to hold you all together, even though they could be holding their feelings to themselves.

It's not pleasant to know what you feel you should concentrate on first as so much has unfortunately happened.

I offer you all my sympathy and may I suggest that if you could see a grieving counsellor by yourself or with your children may give you some relief, and even if it does, it doesn't take away the fact that you have lost so much.

My deepest thoughts.

Geoff.

Mich_pete
Community Member
Ok this is my first attempt to put it in writing about the last 4 years I have had...
Firstly on new years day 01/01/18 my rainbow baby passed away suddenly aged 24
Several months later a cousin in law and my brother in law lady friend passed away.
Again Several more months my brother in law passed away.
Next just after that another 2 cousins passed away within a couple of weeks of each other.
Then an Aunty passed.
Then a neighbour of 30+ for years passed.
then last year my little brother only 51 passed away, then a week later my mother in law 94 passed.
It took the police several days to find me because my brother didn't have my contact details on him !
Please no more I haven't got the energy all this in 4 years 💔