FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Loss

Guest_0846
Community Member
I lost my best friend due to apparent neglect by a certain group that was supposed to be taking care of him and I can't get through the anger. What am I supposed to do
2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Guest_0846, for you having to experience this must be heartbreaking and I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend, especially as a group was supposed to be looking after him.

Unfortunately, there are three issues you need to decide on, to cope with your loss which is going to be so difficult, or to approach the group to see why this actually happened, and thirdly for you to get some assistance from your doctor.

There will be many questions you will keep asking yourself, but you may not have the answers you were expecting, but your GP can refer you to a psychologist and also offer some helpful sites for you to have a chat with.

If you could open up and let us know a little more, then we can help you even more but please look after yourself.

Take care.

Geoff.

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Guest_0846

I am very sorry for the loss of your best friend.

I can imagine your anger about the circumstances surrounding his death greatly compounds your grief. It’s a tough spot to be in. Hugs to you.

I think it’s really important that your very very serious allegation that your friend died due to apparent carer neglect is investigated.

Exactly how best to call for an investigation and who to raise your concerns with may vary depending on who you are accusing (eg a hospital will have an internal complaints system) but if I were in your shoes I would start with the police.

What do you think?

Kind thoughts to you