FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Just had the most horrible miscarriage experience

Georgiesad
Community Member

Hi guys 😞

I just had the worst pregnancy which all feels like a whirlwind and I’m grieving, angry, sad, feel guilty and feel like I’m just cycling through these feeling constantly. Please help me.

3 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant. Other than some light bleeding my blood test where showing good things and Dr said everything was progressing as it should. I was meant to have an ultrasound on Monday at 7weeks and imagined being scanned by the dr and seeing this little fluttering heart beat on the ultrasound. Not.what.happened.

My dr immediately ordered another set of bloods and in receiving results Tuesday rang and told me I would need immediate surgery laparoscopy to look inside my stomach as he thought it was may be an ectopic pregnancy. He said that if it were he would need to remove my whole tube.

As luck has it my tube was ok and I ended up having a curettage.

it all happened so fast I think I was in shock now I’m at home so sore from the incisions in my tummy from the laparoscopy and no longer pregnant.

im so sad and angry and lonely and lost. My husband wants to help but I find myself angry at him too.

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Georgiesad,

We are so sorry for your loss. We can hear how painful this for you and recognise how difficult this must be for you. We think you are so brave for reaching out here. Please know that you don't have to go through this on your own. 

If you feel it might be helpful, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

We'd also recommend getting in touch with Griefline - 1300 845 745. GriefLine provides counselling support services free of charge to individuals who are experiencing loss and grief.  

We hope that you will find some comfort here on the forums. Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it.

Layla_Maree
Community Member

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear this.

There really isn't anything I can say to make you feel better I know this because I had a curettage on Friday for a missed misscariage. This is my second misscariage.

I completely understand the whirlwind of emotions... you bounce from one to the other and feel like you're loosing yourself whilst doing so.

Pushing people away and simply finding them irritating is challenging too.

I'm trying to find some sort of normality but completing normal day to day tasks feels pointless and when I go to work it's all a facade.

I know from last time that it's something you will forever hold with you but over time the thought of the events that you had to endure eases and becomes a little less difficult to think about.

I think typing it on this forum assists in releasing all the negative emotions. You're brave for doing so. It's definitely a step towards healing your heart.