FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I think I'm grieving?

Chicken_Wings
Community Member

I think I might be grieving for my mum, problem is she hasn't passed away.

she has cancer and so its inevitable that I will have to say goodbye, but I think part of my anxiety and depression is that I'm already grieving for her?

I don't want to be like this, I want to go and see her ( she is in the uk) and I want to make the most of the time I have, but I feel almost crippled with these feelings. I want to be strong but I can't find a way to do it.

i skyped with her yesterday and I was looking at her realising how I'll she was and how much she has changed and I cried and she cried. 

I miss her so much already I feel like I'm going to completely lose myself.

i don't know if anyone will have any insights or helpful words, but I just wanted to get this out of my head and I will talk to my psychologist about it when I see him next.

3 Replies 3

Guest_1055
Community Member

Oh I'm so sorry CW, so sorry.... my hug does not seem even enough. I care, I care and I am thinking of you and your dear mum at the moment.

Tears

Shelley xxx

Thank you Shelley,

I can feel your compassion, it means a lot.

Hi I can feel your pain. I lost my dad when I was young from HIV. I wish I could've reminisced with him and told him a couple of things. 1. How much I love him, 2. How proud I am that he was my father and 3. Given him a big hug and kiss. I think you could use the time you have to do what you need to do and what your mum wants to do. I can imagine how scared you are but I can't imagine how scared she is. All the best.