FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I miss you

Jackson1994
Community Member

I keep being bought back to that day and it won’t leave my head I sat next to him, I put his hair behind his ears and touched his head and i told him it will be ok i wanted to believe it so badly i didn’t leave his side until I knew he wasn’t alone it’s so vivid still i can see the pictures i put on the wall pictures of me and Mum and him and pictures of us with nanna, and pictures of us when we went on our first holiday with our step dad I wanted to hug him so much and and i couldn’t i told him how sorry i was that this happened him my step sister bought him a melbourne demons beanie kid and we put in his hand now i sleep with it every night

72 Replies 72

Quercus
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jackson,

I'm not feeling good so I'm sorry if my words are muddled. But I read your post and felt the grief and wanted to sit here with you for a while if that's ok.

Would it help you to talk about your brother today? So often the sad moments take over when we're hit with grief and the ache of missing them.

For me talking about memories I love helps me. Little things like memories that make me laugh or things that made them unique and special and so very loved.

If that would help you I'd love to listen about what your brother was like. Forgive me please I don't know his name otherwise I would use it. No pressure though. I'm just sitting here keeping you company.

Nat

Tyler

He was so beautiful funny clever

Thank you.

I checked your thread. You went to visit Tyler today with flowers. So you're not ok.

Is Hannah free to come sit with you in person? I ask because your recent posts sound very low. Are you safe Jackson?

I’m safe, Hannah is here but asleep

Ok. Will you wake her up?

Thing is we have to give people who love us a chance to help.

If it was Hannah sitting alone grieving and hurting you'd want her to ask you for help. So please wake her up yeah? Show her this thread even.

What do you think?

I don’t want to bother here I should be asleep myself early start tomorrow but probably won’t get much of it tonight

I think I will wake her up

That sounds like an excuse I would make.

Then I'd sit alone for hours aching inside.

You're not ok Jackson. And it's really important to try ask for help offline too.

We can talk or you can call any helpline but the reality is Hannah is the one who will drag you to the doctor and demand help even if you keep saying you're ok. My hubby did that too I love him even more for it.

Trust her? You're not a bother ok. You're her partner and you need help and support now.

Any chance of you waking her up?