FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

He's still in the hospital bed

monsie
Community Member
Day in and day out. He's here, sedated, with a ventilator, screens, tubes beeps. Uncertainty: will he ever come back home? 3 days before my husband went to hospital, he was diagnosed with autism. 28 years of a difficult life with him, with some good times in between. Was it dementia? or was it depression? what was it?. Now, we had a few years ahead of us with some counselling, I'd be able to endure his lack of understanding, his aloofness . We'd get closer and enjoy the last years of our life. But no, it was not meant to be, I had to call an ambulance, we are apart.Everytime the phone rings, I think 'This is the hospital, he's gone'. Living like this is absolute hell, I can't bear it.
4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hey Monsie, thank you for joining our community today and sharing your story with us. 
We're so sorry to hear that your husband is in hospital and is in a serious condition. We understand the stress and anxiety this would cause you and we're so sorry you're going through this. 

Can we ask, do you have any mental health support? We understand it can be really tough to cope sometimes, especially if you don't have a lot of support from family or friends. If you would like some help finding mental health support, we would recommend that you get in contact with the Beyond Blue Support Service. They are available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport 
They will give you support and point you in the right direction for help in your area. Many of our members have also been through a lot in their lives and will be able to talk through these feelings with you.  If you would like to post further, please tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best help support you.  

bluenight
Community Member

So Sorry monsi, I hope you are okay. Please reach out to support services if you need support.

Is there anyone you can contact or spend time with whilst your husband is in hospital?

I will include you in my prayers tonight.

Emerald2020
Community Member
Dear monsie. I hope you are trying to take care of yourself. I'm sure you are stronger than you realise and can get through this awful time. My thoughts are with you.

josh1245
Community Member
hey monsie I would firstly like to welcome this wonderful online community and I would also like to applaud your incredible strength and bravery of writing your story and asking for help. I'm very sorry you are going through such a hard time but everyone in the beyondblue community is here to support you in any way we can. you can get through this your such a strong person.