FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Will the clouds ever go away in my head?

rhysiee
Community Member

Been feeling horridly depressed for the last few days. My meds aren't kicking in as usual and I work as a teacher. I was sick with a violent stomach bug last Friday and Satuday and the depression just tended to get worse since. I wish i could make an appointment to see a doctor to get a referral but I don't know how to do that my regular doc is a "first in best dressed" type of service. ANyway, the bell has gone, I'll check this later today. So sad! need to perk myself up for year 2.

Rhys

2 Replies 2

Ruth_M
Community Member

Hi Rhys,

Just wanted to check in to see how things are travelling for you after your post a few days ago? It sounds like things have been getting harder for you lately, and it is wise that you are keen to get on top of thing with a visit to your GP. Can you get an appointment at this clinic? Or a doctors' certificate if you need to take a day off work to wait for a consultation? 

If you would like information about other doctors or support services in your local area, please don't hesitate to call our Support Line on 1300 22 46 36. 

We hope things are going okay for you and hope you stay in touch with us on the forum.

With best wishes

beyondblue team 

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Rhys, Year 2, that's a handful, especially if you are on the verge of falling into depression again.

Doctor's 'first in best dressed', are we just talking about money here, sure we all need this, but hang on he/she a person to care for their regular patients for many types of illness's, it shouldn't be about paying for his next holiday, that's OK really, but they have a duty to look after sick people.

When I was talking to my doctor I ask him about the proportion of depressed patients he sees, and he said ' a hell of a lot'.

It sounds as though your medication needs to be revised, and I wonder whether you have started to take them again, because 'my meds aren't kicking in as usual'.

I would do as what the Mods. have suggested to you, and hope that you can get back to us. Geoff.