FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

No-one is listening

Jess33
Community Member

I have bipolar and in the midst of a severe depressive episode.

I have been asking for help for over a month, screaming it for the past 2 week. No-one is listening.

I saw my GP who did a slight med adjustment but wont change them with out a psych (which i understand), I have called private psychiatrists but theyre not taking new pts. 

I called triage multiple times with no answer so I left a msg with my name and number, never recieve a call back.

I said 'no' when friends have asked if im ok but its brushed over. I have cancelled family xmas saying I cant handle it. NOONE has checked in, not once!

There is one thing and one thing alone that is keeping me putting one foot in front of the other. My kids! Im scared that Im getting to the point where thats not even enough. The negative thoughts are getting stronger. I feel like im failing everyone and everything. Im past the point of crying, im just empty now.

I dont know how else to ask for help.

4 Replies 4

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jess33 welcome.

I am sorry you feel no one is listening despite you reaching out to many services. I have had bipolar fir 50 years and I  understand how intense depression can be.

would you consider talking to a counsellor at Beyond Blue support service.

It is free and the counsellors will listen to you and help you.

1300 22 4636.

Also life line offers a crisi service  131114

we care here and you are not alone.

I will  check in on you . 

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Jess33,

Welcome, it's nice to meet you here. I'm really sorry to hear you've been struggling to get help and nobody is listening. That seems very frustrating and defeating. I hope we can help you feel more welcome and listened to here.

Like quirkywords, I am also curious to hear if you've had any experience with the support lines, good or bad. Let us know how you are doing, if you feel up to it.

James

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Jess

just seeing how you are. No pressure to reply just thinking of you 

OldFella
Community Member

Hi Jess, I sincerely hope you get the help you need, it is all too much when we cry out for  help but no-one listens

Thinking of you .....You are not alone....