FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New here. Not sure, but I think I need help.

Ozzrob
Community Member

Hello everyone.

i hope someone can help or advise me. Lately I get up I feel fine, then about 2hrs or so later I feel miserable like I can't be bothered to do anything, it all seems too much of an effort. At night I'm lucky to get 3hrs sleep, I can't sleep, yet during the day a fall asleep on the lounge. Sometimes a think what's the use of me being here, I want to escape, leave everything behind me, I used to go out with my friends but now I make up excuses not to go.

i don't know if there is something not right or what.

6 Replies 6

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hello Ozzrob, welcome to the site, and to answer your question there are a couple of things you could try, the first one is to google K-10 test, it's a test to indicate whether or not you are suffering from depression and to what level, but do it at different times of the day, so that you can get a general idea.
With this result please contact your doctor and take the score with you, because you really need to have a diagnosis from them, which is most important at this stage, because any of these feelings are different to what you generally feel like. Geoff.

Ozzrob
Community Member

Thanks for the reply Geoff, I have done the test about 5 times now, different days and times. I get the same result of 34 (high).

so I am making a appointment to see my gp this week.

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Sorry Oz you're feeling like that, yeah good advice above.

Good you came here cause a lot of support and suggests

Be interested to hear how you go 🙂

Best

Ozzrob
Community Member

Hi guys, just a quick update, I went to see my go on Friday 21/7.

he said I do have depression and prescribed medication. I'm on these for a month, then I go back to see him after.

thank you all for the advice.

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
good for you Oz and thanks for update, good to know how you're going

About the sleeping in the day which I understand completely, gets to the point ya get desparate for it, many a time I've been to Dr's and psychiatrists saying give me a bomb. Gets quite frightening and brings stress with it.

One of my psychs gave me sleep study info, I think it was in that saying to try to avoid as hard as it is sleeping through day cause it throws you outta whack but contrary to that ya get to the point that you just have to get it where you can aye.

I found it made it a lot easier once a knew what was going on so did a reasonable load of research from various sites and pamphlets etc on Bipolar which I have and looking from out inside to work through it all which is slowly happening and here is fantastic cause you here so many bits that help with the great support and knowing people here know and understand mental pain.

Depression makes us wanna cocoon but recently I found even for just a short time to push through the no and go out and be amongst people, it's a distraction that the head needs and in a different enviroment amongst people who know and care about you hopefully. It feels quite rewarding too cause you've won over it.

Keep updating and how you're feeling, good on you, a start to a better life again 🙂

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hello Ozzrob, thanks for letting us know because it's always nice to get feedback from those we have replied.
From the score you got on the K-10 test clearly indicates that you are suffering from depression, and I say this because your doctor has diagnosed you with it.
I really am so sorry for you, but please let us know how you are coping with the medication. Geoff.