FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My depression situation - anyone out there with the same as me?

SteveLC777
Community Member
I have been out of work for 5 years. I don't go out. I have no friends I can just call. All my friends are either on-line, or are family friends via my wife. Overweight. Feelings that I may have become cynical in the last 10 years, though others tell me I am not. Suggestions that it may be paranoia. I don't feel worthless, but I always feels that others are, and not me. I believe this is a vengeance-based feeling due to how I have been treated by others most of my life. Beginning to see the fact that I may have depression and that I don't want it. I know in my intellect that I have to think positively and to see the silver lining in everything, but I do not know how to put this into practice in real life.

Can anyone let me know what to do about all of this?

Thanks, Steve

1 Reply 1

Mum1965
Community Member

Hi Steve,

I hope this finds you well. I'm not in the same situation as you, but it sounds to me like you really need to get out there. What is your work situation, and are you trying to get work? If for nothing else, it will help give you that people-contact. A hobby/sport, or even some volunteer work might also help. I hope you find some healing faith in the human race again.