FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Loneliness

CaryB
Community Member

Hi I don't know how to deal with this feeling of loneliness it is getting worse I don't feel like getting out of bed in the mornings.

since my wife died 7 months ago I am having trouble dealing with it ... I get so lonely.

I get so teary all the time.

I just need some comfort but don't know how to achieve this.

I have joined Probus which is good but doesn't take away the loneliness feeling.
I just miss having someone to love and hold.

Please help me I don't know what to do

cary

4 Replies 4

Baileysmells
Community Member

I relate to you sm, I haven’t found out how to make it easier yet so I’m just writing this so you know you’re heard.

Sophie_M
Hello CaryB,

First of all - We are so very glad you have joined our forum community - there are many wonderful people here, and we are all blessed to have you. No doubt, many will wish to speak to you in coming days - and we know you will find a place her with us. 

But also, we are grateful for your bravery in this post, we see your raw honesty, and we know that many of your peers here will relate to this - the loss of a loved one is always incredibly hard, and it impacts us all sooner or later; so, we know there will be many conversations to be had, we will be here with you as you go. 

You have already done several important steps of your own here, CaryB - trying to connect! Us, Probus, reaching out as many ways as you - this is so very important in healing grief. We are glad you are not doing it alone. Beyond you amazing effort, we know that experienced help can be crucial too: we have really beautiful friends over at Griefline - please consider giving them a call on 1300 845 745. They are available 24/7! You may also feel sometimes like you just need a chat - it doesn’t need to be specific, just an ear and a voice. Some really amazing people over at Friendline understand that and want to be there for that - you can contact them on 1800 424 287

You can always reach out to us here as well: call us on 1300 22 4636 or click here to just type to us online

Mostly importantly - keep talking to us here, CaryB. We are truly glad you can be with us.

Regards,

Sophie M.

DeepBlue1771
Community Member

CaryB, just reaching out to you to let you know I'm so sorry for your loss and that you're not alone in this.  I have also recently lost someone I loved so I know the deep loneliness of not having that person in your life.  I don't have an answer yet to how to make it better but just wanted to let you know I feel for you.  Sending prayers.

When I phoned Beyond blue. And was told about friends line, I did think , it would put me in touch with people who are, going through the same things, that I was going through.

And lead me too , having the option of speaking with them by phone.

I think Beyond blue, is a great Organization. 

And twice I have rung . When I have been, really lonely.

Does anyone else feel the same ? 

That they would just like to Chat to someone , by phone.

Kind Regards

Jaynie57