FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is my depression mutating?

HelenM
Community Member

My depression is hardly there. As it waved goodbye in May it left me spells of fear. I think it was Snoman who suggested it had gone into a new phase.

Just lately I am really dogged with anxiety. I know it's a problem because today my Mum is travelling up to visit. I feel so anxious. Yesterday I rang her and asked if she'd come another time as I don't feel well enough (I've never done that before). She wouldn't cancel and is going to stay at my son's nearby. I'm so nervy about it. 

Also I am worrying about nothing. So I think it is another phase. Someone said that in a way it's a step further forward. 

I'm going to ask my GP to be referred for mindfulness course.

My overwhelming problem is my fear of never getting another good spell even though I always do. I think most people learn to be optimistic regading this. By nature I'm very pessimistic. I take after my Dad. 

But back to my question; does depression mutate?

1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Helen, the first question I was ever asked by a psychologist/psychiatrist was anyone in my family had depression as they believe that it can be handed down to their children.

If you google 'does depression mutate' there are some very good articles there to read, so see how you go and then get back to us. L Geoff. x