FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I tried

hiiamsam
Community Member
I tried to eat healthy, I tried exercising, I tried meditation, I tried yoga, I tried listening to music, I tried to brush my teeth every night, I tried to get a good night sleep, I tried to stay away from alcohol and gambling, I tried to be a good son, brother and friend, I tried to be happy. I tried speaking to you, I tried speaking to a professional, I tried everything you said to be happy, now I am tired of trying.
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi hiiamsam, 

We are so glad you were able to post to the forums today, it must have taken a lot of energy and effort to share how you are feeling. We are sorry that you are so low right now and that you feel like you've tried everything. We hope you can feel proud of how much you are trying to make yourself feel better. Depression is a complex and difficult thing to manage and we think you are doing an amazing job. 

If you would like to speak to us, you can always cll on 1300 22 4636 but we can see that hasn't been easy for you in the past. 

Sometimes talking is too hard, but typing can be easier. If  you think it might work for you, you can always try the BeyondBlue Webchat, Lifeline Webchat of the Lifeline Textline.

Thank you for sharing with us today, please feel free to update us on how you are feeling. You can also join in on any other conversations that you connect with. You never know who will read your post and feel less alone in their own experience, thank you again for having the courage to share. 

Kind regards, 
Sophie M

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hiiamsam

Welcome and thanks for starting your own thread.

Many reading your words will relate to how you feel and how exhausting trying can be.
I felt like you.
I realised that I needed to keep on trying even if it does not seem to be helping.

you are doing all the things that may help you feel better.

Sometimes yo can find something that makes you smile that you really enjoy doing. I know when you feel low it is hard to get motivated.

feel free if you want to talk more.