FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I’m really scared

Oscar5320
Community Member
Over the last few days I have probably had the worst days of my life and I didn’t know where else to go. I am a 21 year old and I lost my girlfriend and brother in the same week and I can’t handle it anymore but for some reason typing everything down seems to Make it hurt 1% less I just can’t do this anymore. I’m just so scared to what happens next. 
4 Replies 4

Centaured
Community Member

I'm sorry you're in this space. I get how how scared and hurt you must be feeling. 

Have you ever spoken to lifeline, or the beyond blue helpline or suicide call back service. They can provide that listening ear to hear about everything you're going through and hear how scared you are. We are here too.

and you can call 000 if your in immediate danger at acting on anything.

Did you want to tell us some more of how you're feeling

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Oscar, my utmost sympathy for you, to hear what you have just told us and know that telling us can slightly help your deep sorrow but realise that you need to cry and talk with someone who will listen to what you want to say, because at the moment it's not going to be easy to describe why this has happened.

If you can, please get back to us, and also if I can suggest you can talk to Kids Helpline (5 years to 25) on 1800 55 1800 by phone, web chat or online, but really appreciate and we want to thank you for coming to us.

We are here for you to listen to whatever you want to say.

My deepest condolences.

Geoff.

On The Road
Community Member

Hi Oscar, it must be extremely overwhelming for you at the moment. and I believe at this point any positive, encouraging, comfort words that I say thru this screen probably would not make a big difference.

I had these kinds of scary moments before, it affected me mentally and physically, my mind and my body were responding to the crisis at that time: I tried hard to sleep but only fell half-asleep, and woke up several times. My body felt unreasonably cold and was shaking from time to time, the daylight was so bright that I couldn't stand it but the nighttime was even more daunting. I couldn't really do anything (for that couple of weeks) later I felt much better, I know the bleeding in my mind had been stopped but the wounds remained here.

We are vulnerable and yet strong at the same time.

I agree with Centaured and Geoff that you may contact the helplines, the professionals would make you feel safe and may help you go through this difficult time, and we are here to listen as well

Take care

Sophie_M
Dear Oscar5320,

Firstly, welcome to the forums we are so glad that you found your way to this supportive and welcoming community. We hope that you find ideas, options and support from the shared experiences and knowledge of all our members.

We are so sorry to hear of your losses and hope that you have supports around you during this exceedingly difficult time. We can hear that you are grieving and rightfully so, may we ask how long it has been since they passed? Have you engaged with any form of counselling service since? It can really help to have someone to talk to, we have provided multiple links below and encourage you to use any service you feel comfortable contacting.

As mentioned, talking to someone about your loss can help, we recommend contacting the Beyond Blue counselling team. By engaging via phone or chat the counsellors can provide advice and support, please contact either via phone 1300 22 4636 or web chat: http://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support

We invite you to contact grief line as they are the frontline first and ongoing responders to grief for hundreds of Australians every day. They provide a safe space, to help you find courage through your grief and discover hope and healing after loss. Call on 1300 845 745 or via https://griefline.org.au/

If you have not engaged with them before we would also recommend Kids helpline on 1800 55 1800 or at https://kidshelpline.com.au/ . This service is available to anyone 25 years old and under.

We would also like to suggest Lifeline on 13 11 14 or at https://www.lifeline.org.au/crisis-chat/

Alternatively we would also recommend the suicide call back service, they offer a range of contact methods that can be accessed via https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/phone-and-online-counselling/ or by giving them a call on 1300 659 467.

If at any point those thoughts of grief and loss become overwhelming and you believe you may harm yourself, or you no longer feel safe we urge you to contact emergency services on 000.

We hope that you find the support and direction that you are seeking on the forums. Once again, we are so glad you have joined the forums and we hope that you feel welcomed into the community. 

Warm regards
Sophie M