FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm not sure if there is something going on with me

idkanonymousig09
Community Member

Recently, i have been having mental breakdowns randomly, but specifically at night alone in my bedroom. it is school holidays for me and my groupchat with my friend group has been blowing up. they have been making plans to hang out over the break, normally i would go with the plans but lately i would rather stay at home instead. not even telling anyone that im not going, not messaging anyone at all. every time i hear a notification, i mostly ignore it. i dont mean to ignore my friends, but something inside me is wanting to, school is coming back soon and im afraid to face them again, and have them possibly question where ive been, why im not responding or hanging out. every time i think about this, leads me to tears and me wanting to throw my phone across the room. idek anymore........

1 Reply 1

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey idkanonymousig09,

I'm sorry to hear you have been having mental breakdowns and feeling this way about your friends. It sounds like you are confused about why you feel this way, and I guess it's worth mentioning that these are very normal, even if they are stressful and don't make much sense. 

It's okay to have friends and not want to spend time with them at every opportunity, though it is hard to explain sometimes. And you may feel pressured to be able to explain it, but I hope you can understand that you don't need to have the answers. Some of this is just part of getting older and working out what you like and don't like.

In the meantime, it's important to make sure you feel safe and have people to talk to when you need. We are here to talk to you, but I'd also love to hear if you have anyone in person you would like to talk to about how you feel? And do you think they would be open to conversation?

James