FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I am feeling Very Lonely in Life

jonny09
Community Member

I am a solo entrepreneur. I work in front of my computer, i don't have any employee or team member, i work alone.

the thing is that, i find it very difficult to make friends.

I am an introvert, so, i find it difficult to walk to a stranger and start a conversation.

Many times when other people have fun and talk in groups, i get jealous. I always feel, why can't i have that fun.

Reason for loneliness is that i have very few friends.

I have noticed that, friends is someone who has same interests and liking.

I am someone who does (online marketing by profession), and i get very intrigued when someone talks about my field or job.

But on the other hand, i find it very difficult to make normal conversation with people. Most of the time, i am not confident and not interested in the topic.

And i find it very suffocating and awkward when i try to act as an extrovert. Because it doesn't matches my mannerism and personality.

Due to my personality, i attract only 1% of the crowd. 90% of the crowd is more attracted towards an extrovert and socially confident people.

So, shud i change my personality in order to be acceptable by majority of the crowd? Or shud i be myself and try to find good friends in that 1% crowd.

And not having many friends does feel pretty lonely and sad.

3 Replies 3

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

No you shouldnt change your personality, embrace it and accept it.

You havent mentioned at all about any outside interests apart from your job. Having a job as your centre of life isnt very diverse, it quickly becomes a boring conversation for many.

When you are in a group listen to what they are talking about- it will likely be about their passion, hobby or sport. Surfing, flying, travel, tennis, football, train sets, slot cars (both are my new hobbies), pets and so on. When two people realise they have a similar passion eg dogs, horses etc, thats when the conversation takes off.

If you dont have a passion then that is a problem because passions usually come naturally. Hobbies and sports in general is not so natural and can be taken up purely to meet other people like golf, tennis, football (even just barracking). A friend of mine was also lonely and she joined a organisation that saved rescue dogs and has many as friends now.

Being an introvert isnt a problem at all. That's you and you're not abnormal. Keep your personality and spread your wings.

Is their any sport, hobby you have at the moment?

TonyWK

sure, i love watching movies and playing squash.

I used be a part of a movies group. And i used to love it.

But due to pandemic, everything is shut down and closed.

No doubt the pandemic rules have had an impact on your social life. Hoping that is resolved soon.

A movie group sounds like fun

TonyWK