FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hitting bottom

lost1
Community Member

hello I don't really know where to start, I have been depressed for so long and tried to pull through without any ones help, I don't know what the trigger was anymore but over the last 6 months my life has really taken a turn for the worse my partner of 7 years has walked out after putting up with me for so long, I am about to lose my house, I can't take it anymore.  feel like things are spinning out of control and I can't stop it. I went to the doctor earlier this week and he has referred me to a pyschologist but can't tell me when they will contact me for the appointment. I need help now not tomorrow or next week. I am scared of the future. I don't know what I want from writing this but I need Help and don't know where to turn to next

2 Replies 2

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi Lost

With what you're describing, I would really be pleased if you could phone one of the urgent help lines that are available;   1300 22 4636 is the one for Beyond Blue;  and also Lifeline is 13 1114;  I do know Lifeline's one off by heart.

Please call them and let them know how you are feeling.

I would also be calling the receptionist for your psychiatrist and let them know exactly how you are feeling.  I've been told in the past that if I'm feeling really scared for my own safety, that my psyche will make himself available almost immediately.

Please get back in touch with us

Neil

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

hello, Neil has given you some good advice and Lifeline is 131114.

No one does why we have depression, although it could be from personal, family or maybe losing someone, but it slowly creeps up on us and overtakes our mind, and now that your partner has left and the possibility of losing your house, then these just magnify your depression.

I would also go back to your doctor and tell him/her that 'it's urgent I need to see someone quickly', so you need to put some pressure on them. Geoff.