FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling really scared

thadeedz
Community Member

Hello I am new to all this online forums and stuff, but Im just putting this out there, I didnt think I was depressed, but now Im feeling like it cant be anything else.  I am always so angry when I do the slightest thing wrong, such as spill something, and over the weekend, everytime I did something like that I got so angry started yelling then just broke down in tears.  I also suffer bouts of what I can admit is anorexia, I am currently 54 kgs but whenever I look in the mirror, I just see a fat woman staring back, I try not to talk about my weight with my family, they get upset when I call myself fat, its not that I think Im fat so much, I just feel fat, whether I have a medical condition that makes me feel bloated and weighed down or what I dont know.  I always feel tired and unmotivated to do anything, and can have trouble sleeping too. I also have a very low sex drive which is really taking its toll on my relationship, my partner thinks that I dont have any feelings for him anymore, which isnt true, I just feel like I hate myself and my body

Are all these symptoms related to depression or could it be other underlying medical conditions and if so what is the best way to help me recover, Im a little scared to go to a doctor and get medication I dont like to take too many drugs

Thank you for any help 

2 Replies 2

ModeratorA
Community Member

Dear thadeedz,

It sounds like you have heaps of symptoms at the moment, they sound really horrible to try and manage yourself. It is really important to go to a GP and let him/her know just what is happening for you.

You could be experiencing symptoms from a range of things and ti is best to get yourself checked out. Going to a dr doesn't mean you have to take medication. But first things first, it is really important to reach out and get some support to 

1. work out what is happening for you then

2. make a plan with the GP about how best to get through these difficulties.

Please let us know how you are going.

the moderators

Mum1965
Community Member

Hello dear,

I agree with ModeratorA. Go to a doctor. You may not need medication at all. You may also qualify for counselling. It will help you work out what works for you to get and feel better. Our hormones do strange things to us sometimes. It will help to have a good diet and exercise, too. Good luck with everything. Talk to someone soon. X