FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling of emptiness and sadness

Chloekat84
Community Member

Not a great day for me today or a good week at all really. Been feeling really down for no good reason. I suffer from BPD and Dysthymia and find even little things get to me. Like watching the news updates where it says children or babies have been kidnapped or killed or missing makes me want to cry i can handle it when it comes to the young. Im such a softy. I cant watch movies if i know kids r gonna get hurt in some way. Unfortunetely a lot of movies dont tell u this until u watch it then i keep telling myself its just a movie and its not real over and over but it often doesnt stop the tears. Im soo emotionally fragile its not funny. Well thats it for now just feeling kind of neaseus and ot some anxiety as well. Prob will try and settle for sleep soon, we shall see. Bye for now x

8 Replies 8

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi

yeH I felt crappy today too, been great for a week or so and today- bang. The news in Melbourne was awful tonight re children missing and more and I too don't like movies where kids go missing or get hurt. Just the thought gives me anxiety. 

Ive been telling others to read up on a sugar called inositol. It's natural and great for anxiety. Please look into it, it may help. 

Hope you feel better soon 

cmf

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Chloekat and CMF I have to agree with how the both of you are feeling because it's totally horrendous that it can actually happen, and that some religious groups have no fear in doing this type of destruction, they have no morale at all.

Feeling like this is a type of OCD where we have an obsession of intrusive and recurring thoughts of harming and continual hurting of people, and it's actually labelled as 'aggressive obsession', so what I would like for the both of you to do is to google this and see if it suits the both of you and your thoughts.

If it does apply to you then you know what you are dealing with so that help can then target this. L Geoff. x

Chloekat84
Community Member

Very interesting article Geoff. I sometimes think if harming others but id never do it as i tell myself its wrong and just a "Silly" thought. I also sometimes worry i will slur words or say a swear word when im not suppossed to. I sometimes think i may have OCD but my doc doesnt think so.When i think about children or babies getting hurt or see pics or tv etc it makes me want to cry and i feel sick :(. Anyways today is an average day. Got mild anxiety and depression and looking after my daughter today as she doesnt have childcare so doing my best and trying not to let things get to me like tantrums and mess etc. Thats it for now x

Chloekat84
Community Member

Hey cant move forward. Ill need to ask my local health food store about inositol. As im not sure it could be given. Mixed in water or on food etc? Great idea though so will def ask about it. thanx for the idea.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi,

Yes you take about 1/4 teaspoon every day with say banana or cateloupe or oranges.  its a natural sugar, not medication, found in some fruits. Someone in another post told me he had been craving oranges and his mood had lifted...maybe because he was getting enough of the sugar he needed.

search it up on he internet, its interesting reading.

Chloekat84
Community Member

Oh ok then CMF. Ill look it up, do u just sprinkle it on ur banana?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I just pop the sugar in my mouth its not too sweet and take a bite of banana. Give it a week or so to notice the difference, it took me about a month.  I know tis hard when yo have a little one to look after. I take my little one out every day because I find it too hard to be at home all day I need to get out of the house.

Chloekat84
Community Member

Oh ok that sounds fairly simple to take. Yeh i often like to get out of the house cos often it feels like groundhog day every day at home. Then there are days i dont have the energy to go out and by the time she wakes from her nap the day is half gone and we need to allow a few hrs if we r going to go into town because of transport etc but we could walk around the block i guess.