FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling like my loved ones could move on better without me holding them back

JK87
Community Member
Exactly as the title said. I have loved ones, but they’ve drifted away and I sincerely feel like without me they could drift away guilt free and they’d have better and richer lives for it
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Dear JK87,

Welcome to the forums we are so glad that you found your way to this supportive and welcoming community. We hope that you find ideas, options and support from the shared experiences and knowledge of all our members.

Can we ask why you feel your loved ones would be better if they drifted away further? We hope you are taking time for yourself, as all this worry about keeping everyone together must be incredibly stressful and exhausting.

Please remember if you feel the need to talk about this or any issue our counsellors are available 24/7, you can contact Beyond Blue either via phone 1300 22 4636 or web chat: http://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support

Feel free to express yourself and your concerns openly and without fear of judgement as this is a safe space. Once again, we are so glad you have joined the forums and we hope that you feel welcomed into the community. 

Warm regards
Sophie M

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello JK, family and friends can drift away for many different reasons, not because it's something you might have done, it may be because of work, starting a family or getting into a new r/lationship or just simply directing themselves in another direction.

It doesn't necessarily mean they will have a richer lifestyle and may regret doing this in the long run.

Geoff.