FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling blah!

Catgonemad
Community Member

Hello

Newbie here. As the title says, feeling blah. As well as being depressed, I'm suffering extreme insomnia and anxiety. I feel so disconnected from the world right now - I'm constantly surrounded by people but feel alone and within minutes the sound of someone breathing (or doing anything) annoys the crap out of me.

I've lost all interest in everything and just running on auto pilot. Generally feel like everything and everyone is soul destroying.

No idea about the point of this post is lol but it's getting late and while I'm exhausted I can't sleep and soon it will be just me alone with my thoughts.

6 Replies 6

SarahLulu
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey there!

I definitely get how you feel, with being tired and depressed. Whilst reading your post I remembered something my psychologist told me. Make a goal for each day but they're going to be simple, to wash my hair, to get out the house, watch and stay concentrated on a movie, Then you will have a sense of achievement. As for your friends, I get how that feels, and just the general irritability, that goes with time I guess, it's not fun I know :(.

Try find that one person who's not annoying and spend time with them. I also find myself that I can be surronded by people but feel alone, Try being around someone one on one, it might ease it a bit. Best of luck x

BballJ
Community Member

Hi Catgonemad,

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

Sorry to read what you are going through, my first question would be have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling and the insomnia? They may recommend you to speak to a psychologist to try and get to the roots of the problems to help you try to solve them?

Are you able to go into a little more detail as to why or when you started feeling this way, sometimes writing it out does help, completely understand if you don't feel comfortable doing it either. Just remember this is a non-judgemental forum.

My best for you,

Jay

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Catgonemad,

I really like your post. I relate to it! You have written exactly how I feel most of the time, in a more succinct manner. Thanks for that.

I'm writing this at 5.30 a.m. and have been awake since 2.30 so I get the insomnia bit.

Thanks for sharing the bit about the sound of someone breathing annoying the crap out of you. I get that! My husband makes all kinds of noises. I sometimes flee the house and go tot he garden just to be away from him.

Then the neighbour's dog barks, another neighbour's rooster crows all through the early morning and day, the traffic on the highway doesn't stop, but some how all of that except for the dog barking is okay.

Like Jay mentioned, have you been to see your GP about how you are feeling?

Writing here and expressing yourself may help you as well.

There is a thread here about SLEEP, you might find some of the information there helpful to your insomnia. You could research Sleep Hygiene as well. Weird title, but helpful information about insomnia.

Check out MINDFULNESS that might help you feel more grounded and connected.

Write down your thoughts before you go to bed so they are out of your head. That might help with your sleeping. Or tell yourself you will deal with those thoughts in the morning. Easier said than done, but it does help.

Cheers for now from Dools

Catgonemad
Community Member

Thank you both for your replies. I'm back to the GP today to discuss my meds as I think I need a dosage adjustment or other. I'd been prescribed tamazepan for aiding sleep but it just sends me into a zombie state where I'm not sleeping but not lucid enough to function.

I think I just had to get my thoughts out of my head. Although my husband is very supportive, I think he needs a break (as do I).

Thanks for listening and replies and suggestions.

xxx

Hi Catgonemad,

I think that's perfect and that's exactly what these forums are for, they are for us to vent in a non-judgemental place so whenever you feel you need to get your thoughts out then by all means please reply to your thread.

My best,

Jay

Hi Catgonemad,

Hope the appointment with the Dr went well to discuss your medication.

I have found with sleeping tablets, they help to a certain extend. There may be other things you can do extra to help with your sleeping problems. Ah. Just seen I mentioned that earlier!

Like Jay mentioned, this forum is a safe place to chat and share. Not sure how far you have reached out on the forum, there are many different sections. There is a Social Zone you might like to check out.

It is up to you of course. I sometimes like to join in with some of the light hearted chat and the games that on there as well.

Wishing you all the best with your Drs. appointment once again. Hope it has been beneficial for you.

Cheers for now from Dools