FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Depression leads to violence 

Ausdog
Community Member
I try hard to be normal, to be human, but I guess it wasn't meant to be for me. I spent last night being a violent person, and it didn't bring me happiness. I am lost I guess I try everything to be normal and nothing puts a smile on my face.
6 Replies 6

Sophie_M
Hey Ausdog,

Thanks for reaching out this morning, 
We're sorry to hear last night was really difficult for you. We know it can be so awful to feel like the "outsider" or the "abnormal" one. Would you like to share with us a bit more about why you see yourself as not normal?  Please know that you do not have to do this alone. Many in our community have had similar experiences and understand. Hopefully a few of them will pop by and offer you some words of kindness and advice.  Please remember to reach out when you're feeling overwhelmed and needing to talk it through. You're never alone. In these moments you can get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Like Sophie asked - more information would assist us. It is a totally anonymous site so please feel secure.

I think you posting here has been your first major step forward away from this event ever happening again. Regardless of the consequences of your actions perhaps it is the wake up call we all go through be it as extreme as violence or some minor matter.

Developing into a not violent person, in fact one that abhors any violence can be possible. Then one day you'll look back and say "I was like that a long time ago. You'll be a good influence on someone who is younger and just like you are now, listening to some old fashioned advice.

TonyWK

Ausdog
Community Member
I need help, do I go to the hospital? I really want someone to just be there and tell me it will be ok....I can't stop crying

Hey Ausdog,

Thanks for continuing to post today, 

We're sorry to hear how distressed you feel at the moment. We have just sent you a private email and would love to hear back from you there.

We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

If this is an emergency and you're in immediate danger, we would urge you to call 000 (triple zero). 

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ausdog

I hope you have settled a bit.

I only have one message, time, in time you'll recover and reflect logically and move forward even with baby steps.

I hope you are ok

TonyWK

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Ausdog, well I'm not sure anybody can define and actually be normal, because if that's what someone thinks then their friend will contradict this, there is a definition, but it doesn't happen, no one can be perfectly normal, so you were reacting to a situation that may have frustrated you.

The reason why you can't put a smile on your face is because you aren't feeling well enough and that's no fault of yours and you have to remember that some days we can handle different and difficult situations and days when aren't able to and if this continues for days then possibly you need to visit your doctor.

I'm not a doctor but perhaps going to hospital may not happen just yet because the doctor may suggest a couple of options for you, and one is to suggest taking antidepressants and the second is refer you to a psychologist using the 'mental health plan', which entitles you to 10 Medicare paid sessions.

They will want to talk with you and try and find the reasons why you are crying and causing any violence which may not usually happen.

With any type of depression we act differently to how we usually are, but please believe it's not necessarily your fault, and if you would like to get back to us, then we will try and help you.

Best wishes.

Geoff.