FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Breakup

unicornpopcorn
Community Member

My boyfriend wants to breakup and I am feeling depressed about it

1 Reply 1

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Unicornpopcorn~

Welcome here to the Forum, a good place to find understanding.

I guess hte first thing to say is the logical one, that any relationship is only going to last if both persons feel great affection for their partner and want to look after them - plus enjoy being wiht them of course.

Here sadly it is one-sided. You wish to continue and he does not. Actually it does not really matter waht the reason is, he no longer wants to look after you in the same way. As a result simply hoping you will get back together is not something to cling to.

It is natural to cry and grieve, and you can't hope to escape it. One thing you can do is put away reminders of the relationship.

OK, logic can only go so far and does not really help with the heart-break of separation.  Here I'd suggest a more practical approach. No matter what you are feeling inside try to lead a full social life, being with freinds and open to the idea of others being interested in you.

This does not mean you rush into the first opportunity that comes alone, but take your  time and be happy with your choice.

Croix