FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Borderline personality disorder question

BlueFang
Community Member
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew if Borderline Personality Disorder was something you can get a pension for from Centrelink?

I'm from Melbourne Vic if that helps at all. I struggle a lot with it and my mum wanted me to look into seeing if I can get any sort of financial assistance due to it. I know I should ask my doctor but I have my anxiety about it, like asking might seem like im using my disorder to be what everyone calls "a doll blugger".
4 Replies 4

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi BlueFang o had a friend with Borgerline personality Disorder and she tried to get a pension for it but was told she couldn't.But saying that you should apply or make enqires to centrelink and see what happens.It is real hard to get the DSP these days.

Take care,

Mark.

Thank you for the help 🙂 I'll have a look into it

Givi
Community Member

Hi Bluefang,

If it's a hindrance to getting/maintaining a job then definitely push the point with Centrelink. I have heard as well they can be quite difficult with giving Disability, but in my experience with dealing with Centrelink they are difficult all 'round. Don't think you don't deserve it because they can be difficult to deal with, get a doctors report, bring a support person if you want, and if they don't give it the first time perhaps try again.

All the best,

Givi

BlueFang
Community Member
Thank you very much, ill try that, I've got my doctors appointment booked