FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anger and Irritablity and Self Service Checkouts

fred2018
Community Member
Kinda funny kinda not but today got a display of my low frustration tolerance, ha I find those self service machines at the supermarket a pain, I seem to put my shopping in the wrong area and then someones gotta come over and fix it, but i was thinking these have annoyed me for a while but I gotta learn to slow down and learn the process its probably the supermarket environment aswell not always great for people with anxiety at times. Anyone else share this grievance haha ? I''ll be practising my mindfullness with the machines or just using the old style checkout.
4 Replies 4

Yana8216
Community Member
"hahahhahaha!! totally feel you. Used one this morning myself. The assistant had to intervene as the scale didn't register my 100g rice crackers. Totally feel your pain!! Ah well, machine failure means more human employment, I hope!

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I had only just started scanning my items the other day when the security guard at the exit to the self serve area asked to check my handbag. No-one else, just me. I cried. Full on tears rolling down my face while I tried to get through my shop. Anxiety is a fun friend.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

fred I find the self serve check outs annoying why should I do their work. The assistants will be out of jobs.

I never use them and demand a person to serve me.

fred2018
Community Member
Hi guys, can anyone recommend an anxiety and depression tracking app to track moods ? Preferably free