FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What Makes You Laugh?

Denv12
Community Member

One thing we all need in our lives is a bit of laughter. I find I can get through a day better if I can find things to make me laugh.

I have found one of the old tv shows with a character Milo Kerrigan. What a laugh. I started watching videos of the show the character came from. Anytime I need to laugh I'll just watch the videos again.Milo was played by Shaun Micallef.

I like to watch stand up comedy.We have some great comedians here.And I watch comedy movies too.

What makes you laugh?

9 Replies 9

Narniakid
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Denv12!

Excellent post, you couldn't have said it better! Laughter is the best medicine, after all.

One of my mates, Neel Kolhatkar (neelk on YouTube) is a stand up comedian and I've been to a number of his shows, but he has a heap of viral videos on YouTube that I like to watch if I've had a long day. 

I also love Jenna Marbles on Youtube, she is so funny too.

Chris Lilley is a delight to watch as well!

Crystal

BKYTH
Community Member
George Carlin is my favorite comedian. Although for those with religious beliefs he would perhaps not be appreciated. Billy Connolly ranks right up there for me as well as the British comedian Al Murray.                                But then there is also watching kittens play - If they were allowed to enter the gymnastic competitions at the Olympics then all those European competitors with unpronounceable names would be reduced to the 'also ran' club.                                                                                                                                                      I used to love watching George W Bush giving press conferences when he was president. What a gift to comedy he was - One of his gems was "Our enemies are seeking ways to destroy us and so are we" - Come back George I miss you.                  Philip.

Simona
Community Member

Today I was thinking about my laugh.   I have no idea what made me think of this subject but it came to me that I hardly ever laugh. 

And in the rare instance that I do it's because I'm either being pinned down & tickled by partner or when I'm tickling him and he pulls this funny face and pleads "Do we have to?".    That's because he can be abit narky and boring when he's tired and I want to tickle his face with my hair (he supposed to have his eyes closed & pretend it's a fly).

I try to laugh at jokes sometimes but my laugh  is like a creepy HA HA so I tend NOT to laugh at funnies and just smile

Stitch
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I love Milo Kerrigan too!  Just watching him almost makes me pee my pants - he's hilarious.

I thought he was an original character until I saw an old 1940's or 50's movie with a character just like Milo.  Micallef must have used him as an "inspiration".

Billy Conolly also never fails to make me laugh out loud - I really love the way he sees the world as well as his refusal to accept crap from people/governments/institutions etc.  I don't laugh often enough so I try to watch as many comedy shows on telly as I can.  Saturday night is good for the 'Live at the Apollo' shows.

I'm also mad for a kid's show called Shawn the Sheep.  There are lots of pop culture references and the show never fails to make me laugh out loud.  It's on at 6.50pm every night just before the news and I always make sure I stop whatever I'm doing to sit down and watch it.

Stitch

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

My favourite show was Funniest Home Videos. I wish they'd bring it back!

So I watch funny posts on YouTube, & videos my grandkids vouch are funny.

Zeal
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I laugh at myself sometimes, if I say something silly or forget something obvious. Life is easier when you don't take yourself too seriously 🙂 That is within reason of course!

I love the stand-up comedian Wil Anderson, and I loved Mr Bean as a kid. In fact, I would still enjoy watching the old-fashioned Mr Bean episodes/skits.

I laugh at my pets sometimes, when they do funny or awkward things.

I used to laugh at the old TV program "F Troop".  It was just so silly.......

And my little dog Holly (profile picture) often makes me laugh with her antics.

btw - cute new profile picture yellownanna.

Sherie xx

Mariasharapovafan1
Community Member
I had lots of laughs after 8 days of medication. My first laugh was about the farthest eye popper in the Guinness Book of Records. Now I laugh about the human eye. Laughing is good treatment and it gets the energy levels up. I also have a smartphone app which is similar to the website called ThinkPacifica. This app has a blue mascot that was depressed but in the end feels good about himself. This made me laugh also. I'm sure that changed my perspective and I feel good about it.

madegam
Community Member
The biggest belly laugh I have ever had in my life was when I was working in bouganville island at a mine site. Our workshop was in charge of the sewerage treatment and the nationals would service the machinery there. One day the boss told me to go and check out the poo muncher that kept burning out motors with a national employee. So we went up and the national started pulling the poo muncher out of its hole and there was a set of bars to filter out any large items before the poo muncher. Anyway a condom had hooked on the tooth of the poo muncher and one of the filter bars and as he pulled it out, the condom gave way off the bar and slapped him up the side of the face. I laughed so hard that I couldn't stand up at the expression on his face. He abused me in his own language and again every time I looked at him in the car on the way back to the workshop and started laughing again. I still have a chuckle every time I think of it and now while I'm writing this.