FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What makes me SMILE

meercat
Community Member

What makes me smile?

*When my tiny puppy sophie runs up the hallway in the morning and nearly knocks me flying.

*When i get up at 5am to make hubby's lunch and he greets me with a smile and a hug.

*When my 93yo dad in highcare yesterday sent me a knitted Barbie doll toilet roll cover and a note "Something to cheer you up!" AND

*When sophie, my maltese takes up watch and sits on me, only when im going through a bad patch and cant see.

meercat xx

25 Replies 25

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Meercat,

Lovely idea for a thread. Things that make me smile:

-The funny antics of our fat lazy cat

-Feeling the sun on my face on a cold day

-Watching children playing

-Squirming my toes in the wet sand at the beach

-Being with family and friends who help me to laugh

Cheers all from Mrs. D.

Simona
Community Member
Jesus

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
Amen to that.

meercat
Community Member

Hi Doolhof, Simona.

Simona.. when i told my Dad i had bp and spent weeks in bed recently, he said "jesus will take care of you". The next day i was up and about smiling.

Mrs D..your lazy cat sounds lovely. i used to have a beautiful kitten. He made me smile when he chased the bathurst racing cars around to the back of the tv unit.

What does ur cat get up to?

Cheers

meercat xx

krystalramone
Community Member

Hello Meercat,

right now I am needing some positivity so I am glad I found this thread!

1. My cat Mopsy and kitten Luna cuddling

2. Dessert

3. 25 degree weather

4. Animals in general

5. Hearing from a friend unexpectadly

krystalramone

Hi krystalramone. Im glad you found my thread. Feel free to add to your list of smiles

Your mopsy and luna bring back memories of my daughter's cats n kittens. mandy ginger and their 4 kittens, and tarlian my cat all curled up together.

We had a menagerie of pets..rabbits, guineas, mice, dogs

Would u like to join us in the BB cafe. We chat about the lighter things and serve yummy virtual muffins coffee and smoothies. Very friendly members and a bit of fun.

meercat xx

YouYeese
Community Member

What makes me smile is:

*Video games!

*Going outside and doing photography

*Whenever my dog (Sandy) just stares at me. (Even better if he tilts his head)

*And whenever I get complimented since it really makes me forget about heaps of bad thoughts I usually get.

This thread is so good since it makes you focus on the positives. Thanks for creating this topic ^.^

meercat
Community Member

Hello YouYeese. Glad you could join us.

Video games..i like slot games definately designed for days when im on half power. What kind of photograps do you like to take?

My little dog is not too sure about me today..iv blocked the hallway and she cant jump over the boxes. Im having a spring clean and she chases the paper i roll into balls. That makes me smile.

You might like to join my thread "clear the clutter and clatter".

Or If your looking for some lighthearted chat the BB cafe is the place to visit, everyone's friendly and we have lots of yummy food and smoothies.

Hope to see you there.

meercat xx

Hi Meercat and All,

Our cat is so lazy. She will lie on her back, lick one paw, wipe her face once, lay there for ages, and that is it, her grooming is done.

One time we returned from a walk to find the cat sitting so proudly on the kitchen table looking at us as we came in. We never let her on the table! Cats just have that look on their faces.

We have tried all kinds of toys with her as well. She just turns her head and ignores us. One day as she was lying on the mat, I put a few of her toys on her body, paper balls, ribbons, ping pong balls. She just went to sleep.

The vet says to exercise her! Yer right. The only thing that might get her moving is another cat or a puppy. Ha. Ha.

Cheers all from Dools