FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What If Future You Met Young You.What Advice Would You Give Yourself?

Denv12
Community Member

Here's a topic to cheer you up. Think about this. If future you met young you,what advice would you give yourself? Its a back to the future situation.Have you seen those ads where you from the future tries to help younger you? Thats what my thread is all about. Think of all the things you have learnt throughout your life so far.What advice could you give yourself so you could give yourself the best quality of life?

Please share you thoughts.

Regards Denv12.

24 Replies 24

Hi randomx,

It sounds like things are rough for you and that you may be in a hopeless space.  I understand that it may be difficult to commit to doing something and not being able to do it later, hense changing what you would or wouldn't do.  I recognise that this can lead to getting down on yourself later.  This forum is here to support you and acknowledge that you going through the posts with consideration to the supports offered.

Just as a reminder if you would like support by phone or online chat Beyond Blue Support Service is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport.  Our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals. 

Connecting with one of the counsellor may support you in finding some peace and happiness that you have been wanting.  You are not alone in this, we are here to help.

Thank you very much Sophie but tbh l'm sort of more referring to past lives and regrets but we can't do much about those now can we. l don't like where l am but honestly , l really couldn't complain there are so many here so much worse of.

Thanks again. rx

Guest9337
Community Member

Its so hard to answer the OP question.

I'd get a test for von weillerbrands disorder before tonsil surgery, that'd save me six months of ill health.

I would avoid some bad experiences by : Never visiting a particular pub. Never get so drunk u chuck or pass out. Watch your drink for spikers.

Hi peeps This ones Sooo easy you my young self are enough so reach that bit higher and expect more for your self and Believe that you are totally capable. Plus follow your gut instincts!

Andrew-n
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

1) The fact your old man killed people for a living will effect you later so be prepared. DONT IGNORE IT!! Seek help now!
2) Dont do drugs. It will destroy you inside.
3) Dont drink. It does not agree with you and later in life you will struggle with it.
4) People that betray you should never be given a second chance.
5) Ignore politics its just a puppet game.