FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What Book/Books Are You Reading?

Denv12
Community Member

I got to admit,I love reading at the best of times.Those of us who love to read tend to get the most out of books.I'm a big fan of books that I can learn from.Self help books,relationship books,etc.There's something worth learning.I even read up on dating books just to relearn some skills.As a guy I also love the guy stuff,cars,hobbies,interests,man cave,etc.

What book are you reading? What books are you reading? What helps you?

Thanks.

289 Replies 289

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey Denv12,

I'm not reading much at the moment but I often like reading/listening/watching creative people talk about their craft. I just find it fascinating to hear about their processes, both physical and mental processes, during the creation.

James

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Denv. I am not a huge reader myself, which I think is kinda sad. I am dyslexic so when I was young I hated reading, especially if we had to read infront of the class. I would read ahead so I wouldn't make a mistake. But now I can read pretty well. Just not the fastest reader.

My favourite book series is the Harry Potter series. They taught me to read. When the 5th book came out the audiobook was a few months away so I had to read it myself, I read it in a few days. Silly read them again every few years.

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Denv what I am reading and listen to is the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy. It is science fiction comedy, it helps me get lost in an unreal world. When the real world around me is driving me bananas. At least I know what I am reading is not real.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Denv~

Thanks for the interesting thread. We share a similarity in loving to read. But we part in that while I'll read a fair amount of non-fiction my favorite is always Science Fantasy. It is one of my main distractions.

When I first became ill my concentration was shot, so I read Piers Anthony series as they were for kids. I moved on to David Eddings and from there all over the place from Anne McCaffrey to L.E.Modesitt jr.

I also re-read those books I enjoy. Unfortunately I'm a very quick reader so books don't last long, just as well I can enjoy them more than once I guess. I buy umpteen secondhand.

I've enjoyed the Harry Potter series like MsPurple - though found they got a bit darker as each new book came out. I regard Kanga's Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy as a classic and think I would have an excellent time as Zaphod Beeblebrox, but probably not Marvin:)

Croix

_FallenAngel_
Community Member
Narcissus and Goldmund

solabear
Community Member

I love self help books myself, I've never been into fiction that much. Anything I can learn from.

The last book I've read was "The power of now" by Eckhart Tolle.....Fantastic read!

I run a bookshop so I have lots to choose from and am always skimming books.

The latest book I am reading is One life by Kate Grenville.

I also read self help books or personal experience books.

Quirky

Guest_128
Community Member

Hello

I don't read many books cause they don't sink into my head.

The last book that did sink in cause I went of all meds was

The power of NOW

Then I went to hospital.

Later

quirkywords actually the book I'm reading now was suggested by my history teacher in high school.

Interestingly it took me all these years to order a copy. It's a great book 🙂 so far loving it