FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Time saving tips

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi

I seem to be chasing my tail at times trying to keep up with life so well let's see if we can have a few laughs and share things/ideas we do to be better.

Esample...i use my elecric blender to mash the potatoes while I cook the rest of dinner and start plating up...

6 Replies 6

Mia001
Community Member

Hi Bethie,

I think this thread is a great idea! I’m a perfectionist and always try to get things done ahead of time to save myself the stress and anxiety.

Every year, our neighbour always grows giant zucchinis and gives some to us, so we make and freeze heaps of zucchini slice. Mum taught me a great tip to speed things up - use the grater blade attachment in your food processor for the zucchini, onion and cheese! It makes it so much easier.

I also to get ready for work the night before. I get out the clothes I’m going to wear, check that my bag is packed, put my phone on charge, fill my water bottle and make my lunch. I find it saves me a lot of stress this way.

I use my iPod to set reminders for what have to each day (phone calls, shopping for Mum etc). I also like the alarm setting for going to bed and getting up.

Would love to see what other ideas people have to make your day easier!

Mia

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Bethie!

Great thread topic. I am so thankful for my microwave for letting me steam my veggies so well and so quickly 🙂

My Best

Paul

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi

I tend to love smoothies but being on the road driving in peak hour tends to give me bad eating habits so I have a blender that plugs into the USB plug in my car. Easy to grab some fruit and water then blend while I'm driving. Saves money as well since manges tend to grow everywhere in Queensland and keeps me away from junk food.

demonblaster
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hey Bethie good thread 🙂

Peeling carrots is quicker if you hold one end on board & run peeler up and down while turning the carrot (that make any sense lol) OR don't skin them even quicker, I think a lot of the goods are in skin.

Paul Microwave and steaming best ways to cook & keep nutrients in veg (Y)

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

How about cutting up veggies or salad as soon as you unpack the shopping, before you put them away in the fridge. Store then in containers so they stay fresh and are ready to go when you need them.

Washing fruit as you unpack it so it is ready to grab and go.

Preparing slow cooker meals the night before.

Folding the washing as you take it off the line so less wrinkles. I dont iron much anymore so if i fold straight away I can even out it away straight away, saves it sitting around.

cmf

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I kinda cheat with my work clothes and son' school uniform. A heap of clothes hangers instead of pegs so they dry how they hang.