FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Time for a cuppa

Crochet_queen
Community Member
just looking for people to chat with while I warm up with a cuppa.
Migraine pain is high today so need to unwind a bit.
I like to crochet, spin my own yarn and sometimes when my migraines let me do Diamond dot art.
Any other craft people around who want to chat?
15 Replies 15

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Crochet queen,

I just saw your post and it's upsetting that you haven't had a reply yet. I hope that you'll have time to share another cuppa and this time I can join you and keep you company.

I'm not quite as crafty as I'd like to be, but I do enjoy photography and making collages. I used to paint and draw, and I tried embroidery but I think I followed the instructions wrong! Diamond dot art is something I've always wanted to try; you are the second person that's mentioned that so I'm really not familiar with it.

Hopefully you are still around the forums and I'd love to chat with you

rt

Weaponsofmassdisstortion
Community Member
this probably dosn't belong here but; I'M GOING SNORKELLING TOMMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!! waited for over twelve months for this.

Rishie
Community Member
Hi Crochet queen,
A cup of tea sounds really good right about now. I had one a couple of hours ago and I'm thinking about having another.
I get migraine pain too, so I know what those days are like.
I like knitting, I never really got the hang of crochet. someone tried to teach me once. I hope I can find someone to teach me how to do it, I like the way it feels. The trouble with some people teaching blind people how to do craft things is that they take it from my hands, do the thing they are trying to explain to me themselves, or fix the problem, and then give it back, rather than taking me step by step through the process so I can learn it for myself.
I do enjoy knitting, but I can only do fairly simple things. it's nice and relaxing though, I enjoy listening to an audio book and knitting.

Rosebud78
Community Member
Hi Crochet Queen. I’m sitting here at work getting ready to do some of a c2c blanket. It’s the first one of done and I love the pattern. I’ve been a crocheter since I was 5yrs old when I learnt from my Nan. Love it, it’s one of my healthy living things to do to keep my brain active when I can’t unwind from unhealthy thoughts.
💕💕💕💕

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

My Nan taught me to crochet too. But I can’t read or follow a pattern very well. And I’m absolutely awful at keeping my edges straight. I know I could watch some crochet on YouTube but I get a bit discouraged & my mood slips.

Hopefully I’ll get back to it soon.

Cheers, T.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Crochet queen.

This thread is great. I can't crochet yet but I am collecting handmade crocheted knee rugs when I see them in a charity shop.

Always make time for a cuppa and these days it's a herbal cuppa with honey.

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I found a new delightful & enjoyable tea a couple of weeks ago. I read about it somewhere but I can’t remember where!

It’s Twinnings Australian Afternoon Tea. It’s supposed to be a robust blend that gives you a real pick-up in the middle of the afternoon. I’m not sure about being robust but it’s very delicious. I think it’s got a touch of sweetness about it. I’m hooked & I don’t wait for the afternoons either!

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Tipsy

afternoon tea sounds interesting may give it a go.

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Lol. Very clever!