FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The Transcendent Rainbow Cafe - social space for LGBTI members

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

It would be so great to have a thread here where we can chat about almost anything. We can have fun, tell jokes, share stories, you name it!

There's a "BB Cafe" thread in the general area where lots of people chat daily and have established some nice light hearted conversations, it's treated as if it's a real cafe, there's even virtual baked goods and coffee!

Let's create a chat here for anyone to join, in particular the GLBTIQ community to let their collective hair down and chill out. It's a safe space to be yourself.

We just need a name 🙂

1,503 Replies 1,503

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

What a fabulous idea Paul. 

I was in a cafe today in a Riverina town where I stopped of on my way somewhere. One of those farming communities with an abundance of tumble weed in the main street where one feels a little out of place not being straight and all. So I went in, and there was an old lady with purple hair and a cardigan and her son wearing a check shirt and gumboots. He looked so butch and scary that I contemplated making my exit right away. But then he stood up and said hello in the most high pitched camp voice imaginable. I couldn't have been happier then at that moment. Now I have a new mate, his name is Francis, and he is the proud owner of 200 dairy cows. We could provide the milk for the cafe from there. Hope your day went well.

Rob.

Hi all, what a good idea for a thread.

I lived with a lady for 10 years. Initially at first there was no dominance from her so all went well. Then as time went by she slowly gained control of both our finances and I was, sadly left with pocket money. Such was my gullibility and trust.

I constructed and flew model airplanes. Like any hobby and sport it wasn't cheap. I earned 3 times more than my partner. I was, following several airplane crashes, expecting a lecture on the expense and it arrived..

"How much do you think you've spent on your airplanes in the last 7 years"? she asked , "$11,000 I reckon dear" I replied. "Are you proud of that" she returned. "Yep...I have engines and radio equipment to show for it" I said. "Only equipment to show for it...that isn't much" she accused......" well, its more than spending $35,000 for cigarettes with nothing to show for it"...

Checkmate.

Needless to say I could have added..."except ruined lungs". But it isn't in me. We separated a couple of years later.

Its one of the very few times I've ever anticipated such a conversation. And I'm glad I did.

Tony WK

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

A name... 

Pansy Patch, the pink triangle, Transcendent (I quite like trans words), perhaps a real place like The Builders Arms where... I'll get to those stories. Any other ideas?

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Transcendent Cafe - going beyond the norms

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
New best friend sweety, NEW BEST FRIEND!

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Touche Tony!

I'm not keen on domineering people. They can Foxtrot Oscar as far as I am concerned.

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I just made my boss a cushion for his lounge. He's a keen Hawthorn AFL supporter so I embroidered something special on the front, put a zipper in and wrapped it.

HUGE smile from him. I just got pics of the cushion taking pride of place on the lounge. Wonder if his wife will be a little upset, I think I'll need to make one for her as well to even things out.

Oh by the way Gruffudd, milk supply from your new friend would be ace! Coffee with fresh unpasteurized and non homogenised milk. Don't forget to stir in the cream!

P

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Staring is my speciality. I can stir a cup of coffee almost as well as I can stir a possum. 

Cushions sound grand we might need some for the cafe too, perhaps we could put portraits of the footballers on them rather then the team colours 😉 

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hunky chunky footy player cushions and how about lovely lady lounge blankets. I'd better warm up the janome, get the overlocker rockin' and choose some images to go on the pillows. Oh I vote that one of them MUST be Ben Cohen (He's mine, eyes off!)? He is the most awesome advocate for GLBTI rights. He's also the epitome of my type. (Still mine, look but no touchy touch)

Did I mention I'm in the love with my new Janome embroidery machine? If not, I'm in the love with my new Janome embroidery machine! Ben is a close second.

P