FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The Book of Misguided Recipes

NobleAlarc32
Community Member

This is a forum game format I’ve used elsewhere online. Basically, all you need do is post a list of ingredients; they don’t all need to be common ingredients for cooking, and some or all of them can be outlandish things like household objects, garments, or even abstract concepts or ideas. Go simple... go wild... go for it!

Then the next poster compiles those ingredients into the resulting dish, including name and a brief, optional description; again, it needn’t be any form of edible cuisine, but could be anything that you imagine.

Hopefully, this stimulates your creativity and imagination, and perhaps a few smiles and/or giggles. Okay, let’s begin!

1 cup milk

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 cups plain flour

1 tsp honey

3 drops essence of love

17 Replies 17

NobleAlarc32
Community Member

I guess I didn’t explain the process well. Sorry about that, heheh... 😅

In summary:

Poster #1 writes a list of ingredients

Poster #2 makes up an imaginary dish comprised of Poster #1’s ingredients, before posting their own list of ingredients

Poster #3 turns Poster #2’s ingredients into a made-up dish, then contributes their own ingredient list, and so on...

Simple, no? You’d be surprised of just how silly this can get, and of how creative you can be when given a bunch of random things to throw together in your imagination.

Plus, in a way it’s a collaborative effort: the previous poster lists some ingredients, which you make into a dish. Then you list some ingredients, which the next poster makes into a dish. Page-by-page, the Book of Misguided Recipes is filled by people working together, combining their creativity and imagination in ways unparalleled.

As the saying goes, “It takes two to turn a pastry shell, exotic fruits and a salsa mix CD into Tango de la Fruta Pie.” 😄

Ok. I'll play...

With those ingredients I can make pancakes. By there is no butter!

So for the next set of ingredients...

- same set as per first post
- remove the honey
- replace the essence of love with butter

(the things you can make with that!)

B.Y.O.T. Diner-Style Short Stack
Your average, run-of-the-mill stack of pancakes, evenly browned and with just the right amount of gooeyness in the centre. Just remember to bring your own topping!

1 cup cooking chocolate, pre-melted
2l fresh milk, lactose-free
1 banana
1/2 cup 8-bit video game pixels, mixed
1 tsp rosewater concentrate

use the first 3 to make a banana breakfast drink

ingredient list...

- ice cream

- flour

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

I think that could make sweet pancakes or crepes.

Ingredients...

Eggs milk bread sugar fruit water

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Ingredients above - bread pudding with homemade custard

New ingredients

coconut, passionfruit, milk, SR flour, sugar mixed with a tablespoon of hope & a litre of unskilled enthusiasm

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

eggs pancakes with passionfruit (+sugar) syrup.

pork, peanut butter, stock, honey, sugar, garlic & a litre of unskilled enthusiasm

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Satay pork

peanut butter, honey, sugar, flour & a cup of wishful thinking

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

I am going to turn that wishful thinking into water for a damper mixture. When cooked cut in half and smother in honey.

new set of ingredients ...

sultana, flour, sugar, Iplus 2 ingredients of your choice)