FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The beautiful and wondeful world of medicine and healing

Elephant86
Community Member

My story starts in Ancient india where the first form of medicne show itself in the form called Auyerveda this kind of medicne.

The concept of this type of medicine centres around the life forces or energy centres. The goal of this form of medicine is to elimanate impuities, reducing symptoms, increasing resistance to disease, reducing worry and increasing life harmony.

Chinese medicine

Tths type of medicine is based on the principle of ying and yang and th concept of life balence. It has been practiced for 2000 years. It works on the beleif of opposing energies for examle fire and water are opposites

Aboriganal Medicine

In terms of medicine, many different parts of the plants where used in aboriganal medicine. Native mints where remidies for commen colds, while gums from gum trees, which is rich in tanins was used for burns. The green plum is rich in vitamin C.

Native American healing

Native Americans beleive that Good medicine always gives you a sense of sacred power. They rely on herbs and medicinal plants to create there healing.

Flowers in native american culture

Yarrow is considered a treatment for wounds as well as headaches, tooth aches . Native americans used puitice and violets to treat head aches.

The difference between western and eastern medicine is 

That western medicine treats disease through prescribed specific drugs for a disease.

Eastern medicine focuses on treating the person a a whole rather than just the symptoms.

The practice of medicne has developed over time but both forms need to be respected and appreciated.

This post is only meant to bring awarness to the different forms of medicine this is not medical advice and you need to seek your doctor for the right treatment. This is meant to be a conversation starter and spark an interest in different types of healing around the world.

I wish everyone on the forum a wonderful special day and I hope this bring a smile to your face. i hope this draws an interest and you can explore the medical world with your doctor. Always listen to your medical professionals advice.

To have knowledge is power but it must be used in the right correct way.

I appreciate you reading my post today

0 Replies 0