FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Self control and Alcohol

John80
Community Member

Hi there, I've recently gone through troubles due to excessive drinking and getting severe anxiety as a result. It affects my wife more than anyone which is the last person I want to hurt. I can't seem to have any control of the amount I drink and how often, as time goes on this has created a lot of problems for my relationship, partner and myself. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

It sounds like you're going through a really tough time.  And it's great that you're recognizing the impact this is having on you and your wife.  Beyond Blue has some good resources here that might be of help to you ...

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/mental-health/drugs-alcohol-and-mental-health

Overcoming an addiction is an incredibly difficult challenge. With small steps there is momentum - please don't lose hope. With perseverance and the right support system, you can reclaim the life you want for yourself and your family. Perhaps an understanding professional could help and guide you by providing strategies for cutting back and regaining control? Listening if you want to chat more ...