FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Self-Care Sunday

nib
Community Member

Hello Friends,

If you are having trouble falling asleep, get your phone out, pop onto YouTube, ad type in 'ASMR,' or even 'ASMR Music.' Trust me on this, you will NOT be disappointed 🙂

8 Replies 8

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi nib,

Thank you for sharing this!  I did try searching AMSR and got soo overwhelmed with all the different choices.  Did you know you can have ASMR of tapping nails? or people whispering?

What's your favourite one to fall asleep to?

rt😊

Quercus
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi nib,

Heck YES! I saw your post and thought thank goodness someone else finds this helpful too.

My daughter Miss 7 told me that at school while having a bit of 'winding down' time they watched a clip of a little tortoise eating fruit and veggies. Yep. Exactly as it sounds. So I looked for it and my goodness it's adorable and strangely so relaxing and uplifting. I'm so glad I found it. 

Hi RT, there is an ASMR video for everyone I think. This one is adorable... https://youtu.be/lArqN_zu5tw

Hey romantic_thi3f,

You're very welcome! I have been watching ASMR over the past four years, and yes, I was aware of the fact that there are ASMRtists who whisper and tap using their nails.

I'm currently listening to ASMR Music. The videos generally start off with a simple breathing exercise 🙂

nib
Community Member

Hey Quercus,

I am so glad that your daughter found ASMR helpful at school! Schools and universities should implement ASMR as I believe ASMR is great for managing big emotions 🙂 

Quercus
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi nib,

I totally agree. I was pretty stoked when she told me they were watching it at the end of the day before prayers. I believe it is so important to show kids especially all of the many different options you can try to manage emotions. The more options we know the more likely we can find something that works for us as individuals don't you think?

Do you mainly use ASMR videos for sleep or also for relaxation?

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Nib,

Thank you for sharing this, I love ASMR! I've been watching it for years, it's my go-to method of relaxation when I can't sleep, or when I feel stressed or anxious. 

GentleWhispering (Maria) is my favourite ASMR content creator, for those who haven't heard of her. Her voice is incredibly soothing.

nib
Community Member

Hey Quercus,

I absolutely agree. I'm 24 and I LOVE ASMR.

I simply cannot watch ASMR without falling asleep to it! I hope this answers your question 😁

nib
Community Member

Hey sbella02,

Yep, I have definitely heard of GentleWhispering before! Did you know that her sister has an ASMR account as well?! Her name is Olga and her username on YouTube is ASMRsense. If you haven't already checked her out, you should 😃