FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Rest in Peace Charlotte Dawson

vip
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi everyone the devastation of losing Model and former tv presenter Charlotte Dawson has upset me this weekend. I have put a tribute up on my facebook for her. I met her in the city hosting a fashion show. Her battle ended this morning when she ended her own life . A gorgeous intelligent woman has gone a beautiful ambassador for depression I know how her last hours felt because ive been there. Love you Charlotte thankyou to those angels who let me see you  in perth a few months ago my inspiration xx
11 Replies 11

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Nes,

I am so sorry to hear also about Charlotte Dawson.  She suffered terrible cyber bullying.  

I am so shocked, upset and emotional.  These things should not happen.

Rest in peace Charlotte.

xxxx Jo

Neil_1
Community Member

Nes

News like this just rips you up inside.  So terribly tragic.

Heart-felt thoughts go out to her family.

Neil

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Nes, our dear Charlotte, how upsetting this is for such a beautiful lady and the enormous struggle she had with this devil.

Condolences to all her family who will try and understand the complexities of this disease, and who may never get an answer to as 'why'.

Our hearts go out to all of you from this devastation, and our thoughts are with you all. L Geoff. xx

vip
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Thanks Geoff, Jo Neil for giving your sympathy to her and her family. What a beautiful soul im still saddened and shocked she has left us. I had someone say to me today you have to be strong in the mind you just cant do this. I responded back by saying look if only you knew why it happens unless you have experienced depression you don't know how it actually feels. My explanation to her was somebody puts their hand in you chest and rips your heart out its the most lonliest dark period of your life where you don't want to burden family and friends and the pain is so intense its like a 3rd degree burn .

Suzbj
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I saw Charlotte Dawson's last program on air. She was beautiful and charismatic. Let her legacy be we will not stand for bullying of any form and that action will be taken. It's time to say a big NO to bullies, not only cyber-bullies, but those in the school yard, in workplaces and amongst our politicians who should be setting an example but openly abuse each other. It's time to take bullying seriously and if enough people, organisations and groups including the legal profession and legislation and policy makers join forces, maybe, just maybe, mountains can be moved. My heart goes out to all her family, friends and loved ones. God bless you Charlotte! kind regards Suz xx

rachel001
Community Member

Rest in peace Charlotte Dawson. 

vip
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Thanks for your responses Suzbj and Rachel lets be the voices for depression and fight for our rights. Cut out the verbal abuse the nasty comments the bullying. Reach out for people when you see they are not smiling lets be considerate and kind to one another no matter what age race colour ect . Let Charlottes death be a learning experience that depression is a real disease and stop judging people that have it .

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone, I too was stunned and saddened to hear of Charlotte Dawson's passing at the weekend. Being originally from New Zealand, I remember her being a warm and vibrant presence on TV there, particularly in hosting the teatime advice show 'How's Life'.

The response on our Facebook and Twitter feeds has been huge, including many people for whom this terrible event has been a catalyst for seeking help. I know everyone here has experienced those very dark feelings around suicide, myself included, but no matter how bad it seems there are always other options. 

Below is a statement released by beyondblue yesterday:

Vale Charlotte Dawson

It was with great sadness that we learned of the tragic death of media personality, Charlotte Dawson. We extend our sincere condolences to Charlotte’s family, friends and her many fans.

Charlotte was a courageous woman who talked openly about her depression which helped immensely to raise awareness of this common condition. She also drew attention to the huge damage that cyberbullying and bullying of any type can cause to vulnerable people.

Anyone who is depressed or who feels they can’t manage  can contact the beyondblue Support Service via phone 1300 22 4636 or via email or online chat. Trained mental health counsellors are available to discuss your concerns 24/7.

Suzbj
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Well said Nes!