FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Quotes that I like

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I couldn't think of a more creative name for this thread so I kept it simple. I love coming across quotes that make me feel good or make me think about a situation in a different light. I have a "little book of confidence" that I used to carry in my handbag for when i needed it and I have a few other little books with quotes that I reflect on now and then

I thought it would be good to share some and encourage others to do the same.

For starters I have:

If you want to know someone's mind, listen to their words. If you want to know their heart, watch their actions.

People are not addicted to alcohol or drugs, they are addicted to escaping reality.

cmf x

1,017 Replies 1,017

gld
Community Member
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. Will Rogers

gld
Community Member
I have never been hurt by what I have not said. Calvin Coolidge

gld
Community Member
Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms. George Eliot

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden

gld
Community Member
“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” ~ Mary Anne Radmacher

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
We owe a lot to Thomas Edison - if it wasn't for him, we'd be watching television by candlelight. Milton Berle

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Kanga, i quite like watching tv by candlelight, especially when it is cold and raining outside 🙂

Believe you can and you're halfway there - Theodore Roosevelt

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

cmf is that a proposal? to a candlelight tv night?

You can always live in hope -: me

gld
Community Member
Sometimes the smallest gestures, smallest compliments or just knowing that someone is thinking about you can be enough to make you smile for the rest of the day.

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

This is the BBC hold it up to the light. Not a brain in sight. the goon show.

( I thing that should apply to any branch of government)