FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays. All the best for 2022

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if there is already a thread like this, if so my apologies for duplicating.

I know a lot of people don't celebrate Christmas, some people do, or maybe you celebrate something entirely different this time of year.

It would be interesting to know of different customs and festivities held this time of year.

Maybe you have some family traditions you might like to share regarding your celebrations.

For those of you who recognise Christmas, and New Year's I wish you all the best of peace, acceptance, care and comfort.

Season's greetings to you all from Dools

19 Replies 19

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry I missed your Thread, Doolhof. May you have warm, kind & caring people around you in 2022. 😺

I like to acknowledge the Summer Solstice (Southern Hemisphere) - Dec 21 (usually(.

No religion in any direction. However, I do like to have a bit of fun, listen to music, make a nice meal for myself, at the very least. That's what It was (hehe) last month!

mmMekitty

Hi mmMekitty,

Didn't seem to be much Christmas cheer on the forum. Not sure there is much enthusiasm for 2022 either.

Cheers.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think, as this stuff around COVID-19 continues, we have to be more pro-active about creating some 'breaks' in the gloom & doom, make our own cheeriness, light moments, anything, so we are not constantly, unrelentingly under this cloud.

I tried, but not many people either noticed my Thread, "End of 2021, Holiday, Humbug, or what?", or they don't think like I do, not understanding what I was trying to do, given the way the time of year is for so many, then adding COVID-19.

I fear this year may be worse again.

mmMekitty

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

I had a search for Christmas 2022 and couldn't find anything. Is there a post somewhere for Christmas this year?

For those of you who like Christmas, I wish you all the very best, for those of you who don't celebrate or who hate Christmas, I wish you a good day.

Regards form Doolhof

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dools,

It is lovely to see you on the forums precious lady….

How are you?…only if you want to share..

I would love to wish you a very Merry Christmas….no, I don’t think there is a Christmas thread started this year…..How lovely it would be if you started one up…I’m sure many people, (me included) have missed you and would love to pop in and chat to you about Christmas and what it means to them…

I don’t dislike Christmas…I love the spiritual side of it…and what Christmas stands for…peace, family, kindness….just don’t like the way it’s become very materialistic over the past couple of decades….

My kindest thoughts Sweet Dools…and a hug or two..🤗🤗 with my love and care..

Grandy..

I don’t think there is a Christmas thread started up this year..

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Doolhof. How lovely to see you again.

Here's a Festive Penguin for you, Wearing a red & green spotted gold necktie & a matching pair of reindeer antlers, holding a gingerbread scented candle, singing 'Silent Night' for you.

Handing out some Festiv Penguins is just one thing I am doing for myself, as well as my usual special meal/s  & a few community events, where I enjoy singing along with the songs, & at one, I was at the other day, I & my support worker, bothe wonraffle prizes. I was glad she could have something to take home to share with her hubby & family.

It's not going to be easy, but I will try to be around for Xmas & new year, to try to help anyone feeling down or lonely, to know someone is here, to talk or play the word games, to hang out in BB Cafe, Last to Post Wins, my own Discussion, "Introducing mmMekitty" - these are where I will be most often.

Anyone is welcome to stop by anytime.

I would like to spend some time finding songs on YouTube, (if there are not too many ads), things to sing along with, & lively jazz versions, too. One thing I can do to enjoy myself, or do while I exercise, too - something to get me moving.

I would love to hear what people are doing for the Xmas/New Year time of year, from whatever perspective, culture & traditions. Other people have other celebrations, which I don't hear nearly enough about.

Hope to see you around, Doolhof, Grandy, & everyone! 

Hugzies

mmMekitty 

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Wishing everyone here a happy christmas. Be kind to yourself.

Hi smallwolf, wishing you a wonderfully peaceful Christmas, may you reflect on the year that has been, make plans for the New Year and have special moments of happiness. Same to all reading.

Season's greetings to you 

Hi mmMekitty,

Lovely to see you here as well. Sounds like you have a few plans and ideas for Christmas. The penguins sound excellent! Hope you have a lovely Christmas. 

I might attend a Christmas carol singing event tonight, it is being held in a town not too far from us and doesn't start until 8.30 p.m. They sing Christmas songs and also have a live nativity.

I'm working Christmas Day, I did request the day off, but seems no one else wants to work so I have to. I asked if I could have some assistance even if it is for a couple of hours and I have been told that won't happen either.

People will just have to wait and be patient!

One thing I enjoy doing is to Google images of Christmas around the world. I too like to know about different cultures and traditions.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas mmMekitty