FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

MBTI personality types

Clues_Of_Blue
Community Member

I have had an ongoing fascination with analysing personality, and what makes myself and others tick, and have found the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator to be a surprisingly accurate measure of such things. I have catalogued the types of many of the people in my life, and probably driven them nuts with my project. It's an interesting study, though, observing consistent traits among the types, how they relate to life skills, coping strategies, how they function in different settings and why.

If you know your type, feel free to share, and things you may have discovered about yourself or that have helped you relate to others using resources about it. If you don't know your type, and want to, I found the site 16 Personalities pretty good for testing and dissecting the types.

If it's of any interest, I am an INTP, and the information about my type on that site is pretty spot-on. I've only used that as a starting point for my research. There is so much information out there on the types, and the differences between them that actually goes a long way to breaking down the core of otherwise confusing conflicts, or getting the most out of a person at work or in a friendship, etc.

Anyway, it's a bit of a project of mine, and I wanted to open it up to anyone who wants to contribute.

155 Replies 155

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Blues

I already know my personality type but as per your interesting topic I will have a look see at the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and see what they think of me...do they have a definition of what a INTP is? I would love to contribute..I just finished conversating with you on your other thread 🙂

Paulx

Yes indeedy, they have a pretty comprehensive description of an INTP, and all the other types as well. I'll be interested to see what you learn from said site. 🙂

Guest_1055
Community Member

Hi dear Blue

I decided to do the test on the 16 personalities website. I was INFP - T. As I was reading the description on this particular personality, I did see myself in it. I even heard myself say " Oh my gosh" aloud, because it said the people with the INFP personality avoid speaking on phones if they can. I really dislike speaking on phones, and I always have. I will even let in ring out.

So the letters in your personality are almost the same as mine except for one letter. I know the "f" letter in mine is" feeling". So what is" t" in yours?

I also had a - T, after the other letters, which indicates "turbulent" Well that is pretty much how I feel at the present.

I would be interesting to know what others are too. Have you done the test Mr Woof? I would be interested because you pick up on other peoples emotions like me.

Good topic dear Blue.

In kindness

Shell xx

Delightful. I have a few INFPs in my life, including my sister. A tricky personality to get to know - deeply private and often worried about imposing on others - but rewarding, too. Where you are a Feeling person, I am a Thinking person, hence the "T". And where you are Turbulent, I am Assertive.

Though there is only one letter different in our types, they are quite different in practice. I've found INFPs to be spiritual, warm, compassionate, sensitive and creative people who crave harmony. We INTPs, conversely, are logic-oriented and don't engage much with emotion. We tend to come at pretty much everything from an intellectual and analytical standpoint. We crave knowledge and understanding of everything, though if we don't work on it, can be a bit clueless about people's feelings. We're not great at prioritising that sort of thing, I've had to learn to treat navigating the sea of human interaction and emotion as an intellectual exercise so I don't suck at it so much.

Thanks for the feedback.

Blue.

Hey Shelleybelly...not yet....I just posted before...but I will after some sleep....and you are right...this is going to be a great thread....Blu Rox.....Paulxx

Maybe I should have warned you that, as an INTP, I have a pretty healthy ego. Head's gonna swell some, with all this praise. 😉 Looking forward to seeing your results, Paul. Until then, have a good snooze.

BB News at the bottom of the hour.........ENFJ

Yes Blue, I thought you may have been a logical sort of person. The reason I say that is because when I read other people's posts I pick up on their emotions. It is like emotions just pop out at me. But then there are other people like yourself, that I cannot pick up any emotion at all.

And also I actually have a hard time with facts, unless it is something extremely interesting to me, like this personality stuff.

Ha Ha about the swelled head, was that really in you personality trait Blue?

Have a good rest then Mr Woof.

best go to bed too.

Night Blue

Hey Mr Woof, is that your test results then.....ENFJ ?

I think the "f" is feeling. I have no idea what the others mean though.

Hugs

Shelleybelly xx