FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Liquorice Allsorts

Neil_1
Community Member

Dear all,

The title is so called because I've got a few things to say (what's new, I hear you all yawn).

Firstly, has everyone watched the "Welcome to beyondblue's online forum" video thingy that's at the top of all pages??   Um, Dear Beyond Blue, but this was news to me and I had no idea that was part of the rules, where it said, "Please keep your posts short and to the point".   Whoops!

Also is there a way to minimise it after you've read it, cause it's kinda, 'out there and in the old face all the time'.  Yes, I know first world problems, but it's just a comment.

Ok, Dear All ... you may or may not have known that my place of work was a horrible place and really was affecting me big time.  Well there has been good news.  As of late last week, I have found a new place ... a new Department, and a new lot of work and obviously new people as well.  Although due to accommodation restraints, I am still staying in the same building, but at least I moved today away from the area that wasn't good for me.  Another piece of good news is that I had a one-on-one chat with my new supervisor and I decided to tell him of my illness.  Can you believe my luck;  he has just finished a course that now makes him qualified to counsel and assist people who have mental illness!!!!!  I couldn't quite believe it.  Because it's also a course that I was potentially looking at also.  It was amazing chatting to him, because he was learning things as he spoke with me and vice versa, but it said it was interesting because he asked different things about what was making me anxious at the time and later I opened up about how low my self esteem is, etc etc.

However, for the slightly bad news ... because of this new job, I may not be posting here as often as I have been of late ... sorry folks, I will try my best but I won't be smashing them out as much as I used too ... but I'll still be here.  Anyway, I guess I'll just see how it goes and then really make up for it on the weekends!!  🙂

Thanx for reading,

Neil

2 Replies 2

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Neil I am so pleased for you with the work situation. Having had the experience of being in a very very mentally unhealthy workplace versus one where I can be open about my condition and have a brilliant relationship with my manager, it is like night and day.  I enjoy coming into work every day, I leave the baggage at the door when I go home at night and everything feels balanced and taken care of.  I am respected for my abilities at work and not treated differently because of my illness.  No more stressing about asking to have time off for doctor or psych appointments.  Good on you!

It will be very sad not to have you around as much but as you say I don't think you'll be able to keep yourself away! Just at different times. 

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Neil

That's good news about changing depts and hence new people and new supervisor,  Also great to read that you had a one-on-one conversation with your supervisor about your illness, that a positive step.

Neil, I will miss you being on here so often.  i love reading your posts to others. I can't write at the moment  I will write back to you later  Sorry

Jo