FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is anyone up for a chat?

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes it is great to have a place where you can just have a chat about something not related to your mental health. So here is the opportunity to have a general chat about anything and to maybe find a "friend" to help make the day feel brighter.

Occasionally I connect with people on the forums and a lovely  friendship develops, but it may seem to others that they are not welcome to join in the conversation. This is not the case.

So here is an opportunity for new friendships to happen.

Maybe you would like to share your favourite holiday destination, or place you would love to visit. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be? What is your favourite flavoured ice cream?

For me right now I would love to be somewhere warm! We have been experiencing some rather cold weather where even the chooks water is freezing over during the night! Somewhere with a beach and warm sea to swim in would be lovely!

My favourite ice cream flavour would be Jaffa in one of those crunchy cones! I would love to be eating one down at that tropical beach paradise followed by a lovely fresh coconut and maybe a beach massage as well.

I will be dreaming about this as I drive around today for work listening to Meatloaf. Maybe I should be listening to The Beach Boys instead, but I don't think I have any of their music on CD.

Hope you all have a great day,

Cheers from Mrs. Dools

161 Replies 161

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
dear All, I'm sorry that I haven't been following this post as I just clicked onto it now, and I did so mainly because Chris had replied, but boy there is so much content and discussions that have being going on, and so much has been said that maybe has not been posted in other comments, so I apologise because it's up to page 5 now. Geoff.

BKYTH
Community Member
You don't understand what I am saying. You did the appropriate thing. Your post appeared and you said 'nite all'. Nothing of what I have said applies to you. Please read my posts and you will see that.

Guest_5218
Community Member

Thanks Philip, and yes I do understand what you are saying.  

Anyway, how are you?

xx

HelenM
Community Member

Okay,

This is my third time of experiencing a chat thread on a forum. They worked very differently and personally I think they can cause more harm than good.

The first forum I was on was spontaneous but ended up causing problems. Problem one. A clique developed, I was part of that though I think I made some attempt to include others. There were 4 of us and it was a lovely little friendship though if I wasn't on line for a couple of days I'd worry as there was so much to catch up on. posts weren't checked til after they'd been posted.

BB is by far the most professional forum I have come across. Because they do their job so thoroughly it means a chatline can't work well. BB offers all kinds of support and for my part I feel those that run it care about me and of course everyone.

it's inevitable that chatlines will produce special friendships. Philip kindly commented on my post. Others didn't and I don't say that unkindly as everyone is helpful to me on other threads.  I am, like most of us on here, very insecure. I made a point of saying I was going to the pictures. I didn't ask anyone else about their stuff so I'm not accusing. But I wanted someone to ask what the film was about. All this sounds like a criticism. I really don't mean it that way. How could I when we all want the best for each other? I very much think it's a good thing for those who get some benefit. For my part it adds to my anxiety.

Please, don't think I'm saying people shouldn't have this thread but life is fraught enough so I'll stick to other threads.

Helen x

BKYTH
Community Member
Homelessness doesn't concern me. Having an address has nothing to do with having a home. You have asked me a question which doesn't require a obligatory answer.....................................I have nothing within me at the moment by which I could attempt an answer. The void I am experiencing at the moment is asking of me to be more than I have been before as so I will be.  These are important moments. When we are lost then we are compelled to find ourselves at a place where we have never been before..................One has to face a life where the convenient certainties of yesterday are confined to history.                                                                                                                                                                                          Philip.

Guest_5218
Community Member
Gosh Philip.  Now I dont comprehend your words.  Thats pretty 'heavy stuff.  I just hope you are okay.   

BKYTH
Community Member
What is 'OK'. What is its nature? What does it mean to say you are 'OK'..............................If one were to say that they are 'OK' what does that mean?                       Philip.

Guest_5218
Community Member
I guess it means that they are coping with the current situation as it stands. That they do not need any outside help, or they are receiving the help that they need for the circumstances.  I guess you're not in favour of the RU OK day then?  I am glad that homelessness does not bother you.  It would me.  Philip I cant stay and chat further tonight unfortunately. I have a job interview tomorrow and I need to try to get some shut-eye.  So this is my last post!  At least for tonight anyway.  I hope you are not too unhappy?

BKYTH
Community Member
Good night.               Philip.

Guest_5218
Community Member
Yep, I'm off now.  Good night to you too.  Maybe talk tomorrow. Take care. xx