FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is anyone up for a chat?

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes it is great to have a place where you can just have a chat about something not related to your mental health. So here is the opportunity to have a general chat about anything and to maybe find a "friend" to help make the day feel brighter.

Occasionally I connect with people on the forums and a lovely  friendship develops, but it may seem to others that they are not welcome to join in the conversation. This is not the case.

So here is an opportunity for new friendships to happen.

Maybe you would like to share your favourite holiday destination, or place you would love to visit. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be? What is your favourite flavoured ice cream?

For me right now I would love to be somewhere warm! We have been experiencing some rather cold weather where even the chooks water is freezing over during the night! Somewhere with a beach and warm sea to swim in would be lovely!

My favourite ice cream flavour would be Jaffa in one of those crunchy cones! I would love to be eating one down at that tropical beach paradise followed by a lovely fresh coconut and maybe a beach massage as well.

I will be dreaming about this as I drive around today for work listening to Meatloaf. Maybe I should be listening to The Beach Boys instead, but I don't think I have any of their music on CD.

Hope you all have a great day,

Cheers from Mrs. Dools

161 Replies 161

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I wouldn't feel bad Shelley anne, I think you are rather good at connecting with others through writing. I think my issue with chat is the pressure to respond right away. My sense of time seems to be all together slower then those around me at times.

OK this was my very first attempt at social like chat Bit scary for me.......

BKYTH
Community Member
No but I am accomplished at it and have won some awards that give some credence to that claim. I write to be heard not to awarded or published. I have been homeless and probably will be again in a few days.                             I accept whatever circumstances I find myself in as resistance is futile and serves no useful purpose.                        Philip.

BKYTH
Community Member
I've responded to your post but it seems to have disappeared.             Philip.

BKYTH
Community Member
I will attempt to respond to your post again. No but I seem to have some capacity in the area and have won some awards that give credence to that claim. I have been homeless before and will be again shortly. Philip

BKYTH
Community Member
I will probably not be able to make many more posts on this site as the street awaits me. But what saddens me in my experience on BB is peoples ability to simply disappear in the midst of conversations. The commitment that you invest in expressing your situation and in attempting to recognize theirs evaporates into instant dead ends. The experience is cruel in its self indulgence and devoid of the very things that draw us to this place.                         Philip.

HelenM
Community Member
  • Hi Bkyth and Shelley Anne and any others. Firstly I ynotice it's December 8 over your bit (Scottish term). Here it 's a dreich  (meaning rainy and miserable) Monday afternoon. 
  • Bkyth.  I know sometimes if I post I come straight off as I feel too stressed to continue. In a chat I think it's polite to say goodbye. Having said that there's a time lapse for the post to be checked. 
  • I think, Bkyth and Sh An, chatting on here is great. Good idea Sh an. I hope you don't mind me shortening your name. 
  • My problem is I am terrible at using computers. These blue spots came on their own but they look quite good so I will leave them. Which is good because I wouldn't know how to get rid of them. 
  • I used to be on a support group where people started a chat thread. It was very good but ended up getting clique y. As long as everyone is included it seems really good. 
  • These blue spots make my post look very official. I'm actually a very disorganised person. 
  • I'm going to the pictures with my son soonish. It's Sunset Song and we've both read the book. I'm not keen but I know I'm capable. 
  • Helen x

HelenM
Community Member
Off I go to the pictures now   x

Guest_1055
Community Member

I am so sorry Philip you were saddened by my disappearance. Truly. It makes me sad. I do appreciate you reaching out and replying to my invitation to chat. I hope you will forgive me.

Xxx

Thanks Rob, for your encouragement. But I feel sad, because I fear that Philip may feel rejected by me, And I can not stand the thought of that....