FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Introducing myself

JakethePeg
Community Member

Hi all,

I am posting here on the forums for the first time. Apologies in advance if I break the rules. I decided to join the forums because I am currently experiencing very severe depression, and I wanted to connect with others who understand very well what it is like to experience this very debilitating mental health disorder. I am currently working very closely with my GP and psychologist to get on top of my depression and to feel better. But it is very slow going, or at least it feels like it. One of the main things I do every day and every morning to fight the good fight against the black dog is read my positive affirmations that I personally created.

2 Replies 2

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Jake,

A warm welcome to you, thank you for being here. I am sorry to hear about your battle with depression, but thank you for sharing your story. That takes bravery! It is great that you are working with some professionals to help yourself through this, you will get there, it will take time but everything will be okay 🙂

I love how you have positive affirmations, that is a great way to remind yourself of the good things about yourself and your life - a nice way to remind the black dog that you are stronger.

I hope you find the forums a safe space and find the connection you are hoping for,

Jaz xx

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello JakethePeg

I'd like to welcome you, too. It can feel daunting to come to a forum for the first time, but let me reassure you, you've come to a place of kind & caring people, many of whom have had experiences with depression, or with family or friends who have depression. I understand how often people can feel alone in their experiences - but you will see here, you are not alone.

All over BB people offer tips for what helps them through their most difficult times, & what they find helps them to keep going from day to day.

Feel free to look around. there is a section devoted to Depression, in Mental Health Conditions, & I'd suggest, looking into Caring for Myself & Others.

Hugzies

mmMekitty