FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

INFJs

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi,

This is a thread for people with the INFJ personality type from the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.

INFJs are the rarest type out of the 16 personality types from the MBTI. Many INFJs experience anxiety and/or depression due to not fitting in anywhere. INFJ stands for: Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, and Judgement.

I found that I fit the descriptions of this personality type last year (I actually underwent a professional personality testing before that and got the INFJ result but paid no attention to it) when I was doing a research task for school. Ever since then I've been very grateful for finally finding a description that fits how I feel and who I am. Knowing about my personality type has helped me discover more about myself and feel more at ease with who I am.

I've talked to INFJs online and found that a lot of us suffer from one form of mental illness or another. So this is a social space for INFJs needing a place to belong, to talk about things that are hard to talk about, or find out more about this amazing personality type.

But! Notice I said this is a social space--If you are dealing with serious issues at the moment, you should consider seeking professional help, to begin with, you can look up information from the BeyondBlue website. Of course anyone is welcomed to join, but do not rely on this forum to recover from a serious mental illness.

A social space can be anything from lighthearted and fun, to a deep and personal safe space for understanding and support. So when you click into this thread--first things first--remember to not be afraid of being yourself (as a lot of us tend to do)!

Enjoy!!

With Love,

Grace xx

51 Replies 51

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Graceeeeee 🙂

Great to see you again! I hope you have been well. You have always been a breath of fresh air and still are

I did my Briggs Myers Type Indicator Test and it was similar to yours..I must try it again!

This is an interesting tool to have a look at ourselves that doesnt take very long at all.

NB: If you are dealing with serious issues at the moment, you should
consider seeking professional help, to begin with, you can look up
information from the BeyondBlue website. Of course anyone is welcomed to
join, but do not rely on this forum to recover from a serious mental
illness.(Thanks Graceeeeee)

www.myersbriggs.org

Great thread Grace and even better to see you!

kind thoughts

Paul xo

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Paul,

Thank you for saying hi, you're so kind! I've missed you. I contradict myself a lot because I miss people that I've had a connection with but for many reasons I'm always scared to reach out. So it's awesome when they think to talk to me!

And yes I agree it's a wonderful tool to use, a lot of discovering myself has come through reading about INFJs and it really has changed my life. Great catching up with you!

Have a great evening,

Grace 🙂

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Sorry Grace, alas I am an IFNP. So close but so far away.

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hey, welcome! No worries, I can find common ground with any introvert personality types 🙂

hi there

ive recently discovered that i am an INFJ 🙂

Hey startingnew,

Thanks for saying hi 🙂 How did you find out about this, has this changed you in anyway?

I found out about two years ago and didn't pay attention until last year, it really helped me discover myself.

Grace xx

Welcome back Graceee. And I love your new profile picture ... what a beautiful photo.

I am an ISFJ-T, so one letter different to yours. I havent done much research into it, so couldnt even start to tell you what our one different digit, ie the S, means.

But I guess we must have a number of similarities in there somewhere with regards to personality traits.

Taurus xx

Hi Grace

i did it through the online personality test through uhh myer briggs i think it was. nope it hasnt changed who i am but it did explain a few things as why i do certain things and why i feel certain ways.

i only found out the other day but it hasnt actually made me think any different.

Hi Taurus ive got the t at the end too but its the same thing

Hey Taurus,

Thank you so much 🙂 Yes one letter different isn't that different. I think the N stands for intuition while the S stands for sensing. But we are both introverts alike. So thank you for saying hi. How are you, how was your week?

Have a great weekend,

Hugs from Grace xx