FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

If you're a footy fan, what is there to look forward to now that the season is over?

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

It seems lots of people are very emotionally invested in football (either code) because of the excitement, passion and sense of belonging. 

If you're a footy fan, how do you feel about the end of the season and what will you do now?

Paul

6 Replies 6

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Well, it all ended for me in a way at the end of the season in 96 when Fitzroy played their last game. I have the VFA now where Fitzroy lives on, and down at the junction oval at any given Saturday there are parents, uncles, aunties, and children from just about everywhere kicking a ball. There is more life than ever on our home ground. 

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Nice one 🙂

Is that the redevelopment at victoria oval? It was being done when I stopped working in Abbotsford. It looked awesome and a great tribute to the history and the space.

P

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

No, that's Collingwood, they did a good job too. Not far away though, the Fitzroy ground is on the junction of Brunswick street and St Georges road. There was once a big red brick wall with broken glass in the top, that is now demolished and buried under a grassy mound. 

So thinking about the summer. I am no fan of Cricket. Soccer though... 

Paul
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I'm with you now - cool.

I wonder how others feel about the end of the footy season - or the start of cricket season.

LawrieM
Community Member

Come on guys, what about the Wallabies? The Socceroos?? The Hayne Plane???

Or to put it another way, there's the Wanderers in National Soccer League, 49ers in NFL, but I really support the Green Bay Packers and also the Premier league and all the intrigue of which Premier League team will fall victim to a Div 2 or 3 team in the latter rounds of the FA Cup. And sometime in there, the preseason will start for both AFL and League and the circle will revolve once more.

Oh, and the cricket. Be interesting to see how the new team performs.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Paul, now that the Wallabies has gone, it's is cricket for me, sometimes the test matches I can watch but the one day are the best.

I was turned off test cricket by someone who just blocked and blocked the ball making no runs years ago and ended up being a commentator, but those were the days when I was teenager.

Next year the Olympics are on I think. Geoff.