FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Happy Brithday Neil

joey
Community Member

I noticed it's Neil's 1000 post birthday coming up! 

9 Replies 9

Beetle
Community Member
Whoop whoop well done Neil you rock! Your posts are always so helpful and insightful 🙂 Beetle

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Congratulations Neil on your 1000 post!!!!!

You are so much a part of BB family, our family.  You are so caring and supportive to everyone on here.

Let's all have a drink - "to Neil" :):):)

Thanks Neil for being such a true caring guy who always supports me and keeps me going. I treasure our friendship on here so much.

Your friend

Jo xx

Neil_1
Community Member

Dear all (and to Beans, Beetle and Jo),

THANK YOU so much.  But I was originally thinking, hey Beansie, you're two months too early (kind of), but hey any chance for a drink!!!  🙂 

I guess this is actually my 1,000th post ... so why not perform it here.

And to aid the celebration, I thought I would try to lift some spirits (and no, not tip them down my throat - purely 'cause I don't drink spirits) by providing you all with 6 short sharp one liners (please enjoy):

My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't!

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

See you all 'round the forums. 🙂

Neil

Hey Neil,

OMG just what I needed your one liners!

Soooooooo Stressed, can't hardly breathe but I thought I'd see how you are all going.

Happy 1000th neil- always remember you were my first! No not that _ you know what I mean

Not so good- may come on later but thanks for the first smile I've had in weeks

Be kind to yourself

Stressless ( this name really  isn't working for me)

Dear Stressless,

THANK YOU ... because your response gave me cause to smile.  And it was my first for a while as well and I thank you for that.

Some beautifully worded sentences in your response.  Perhaps that'd be a good thread to commence (or maybe it wouldn't), "do you remember your first".

Oh people, come on ... I was referring to who was the first person who responded to you ... ON BEYOND BLUE.   Crikey, some of you people have the filthiest minds.  No wonder I get on with you all.  🙂

Stressless, deep breaths and think of your name over and over again.  The sun will rise tomorrow and it will be ... Monday.   I hope you can come back on here and vent a little, if you need.  🙂

Kind regards,

Neil

ps:  thank you for posting on this celebratory thread, so kindly set up by JOEY.  And Joey, please please accept my apologies ... as I referred to you as Beans.  Why did I do this?  Because I'm a deeply disturbed individual !!   Oh and the fact that your pic looks like some one is spilling their 'beans'!

Just please excuse me.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Neil, my esteemed friend, last to jump on board and wish you Happy 1000.

Well which one liners do I like well I suppose it's ' I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.' Take Care. Geoff.

Hi Neil,

Congrats on the 1000th post. Here's to 1000 more. 🙂

Also in reply to your last one liner- I do have background music. My head is a veritable jukebox. As soon as someone says a phrase in passing, it fires off neurons that connect it via this event or that permutation of meaning into a verse of a song....which then gets stuck in my head.

Maybe I should get into theatre- remembering lines would be a piece of cake.

GA

scorch
Community Member

Congratulations on 1000 posts Neil... although I notice you're up to 1028!  🙂

As for one liners, one of my favourites is 'my mind is like a steel trap, rusty and illegal.'

Neil_1
Community Member

Ooops, 1,031 !!  🙂

Yes, gotta love the one-liners from time to time.  I must find some more and produce them.  Just for times when people need a spark.  🙂