FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Grey

TheLastSlice_ofBread
Community Member
The importance of grey
Black and white
Dark or light
Something when in balance
Is mesmerising like two lovers hand in hand in a private dance
Together blending becoming one
The white so bright
That you think you have never seen any colours before
Followed by the dark
So dark that the thought of light coming makes you begin to be come insane
Black and white
Dark or light
For anytime spent frolicking in the light, expect twice as long curled up in the dark
We should stop striving for perfect light and embrace the grey made from the dark and light
2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
And it is my favourite colour

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello TheLastSlice ofBread,

I noticed you posted this several months ago. Hope you are okay, and posting somewhere else. I will look around more yet. I couldn't let you post here without anyone acknowledging your thoughts. I would like to hear more..

You have thought a lot about this, The Grey, what it is for you, I would like to think about what you have written, because, grey for me has been a neutral tone, one best for a background for all my others colours to shine from.

I saw a most wonderful painting once, it was of many shades and tints of red and grey, painted so softly at the edges of each roughly square segment, it seemed it was made of fine strands of hair brushed neatly over the canvas. I simply had to touch it, to confirm it was really a painted surface. Without the support of the greys the picture would not had worked.

I was fascinated with all the subtly tinted greys I had noticed. Now I barely know what I am looking at. My eyes are so messed up, producing spontaneous colours which alter the view. My brain is not able to sort things out for me anymore.

I find I do not really see black. I can only see a dark charcoal grey at best. At worst, the same colour might look brown, red, green or blue, possibly anything.

I sometimes go and look at the night sky, and it looks pink.

It is better for me than the ferociously bright white of sunny days, too glary to bear.

But when I go out on cloudy days, and everything looks tinted grey, so subdued, like walking in the fog.

I know this does not seem to have anything to do with your poem. Just know, I am letting it sit quietly, so I could walk around it for a bit.

Thank you. I enjoy musing about things, seeing where my thoughts wander.

mmMekitty

Oh! surprise, and hello, Small Wolf, how did you get up there? I didn't see your post when I started writing mine. 😸