FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Friends Cafe - social space for members under 25

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey! Welcome to Friends Cafe.

This is a chill and chat space for young BB members to talk about anything and everything and make new friends.

When school's getting to you, uni or work has got you down, parents, partners, friends don't understand, and especially if you're feeling alone or lonely - come and relax awhile and talk to others who know just how you feel.

Our minds can cause us trouble, but they can also be amazing things that imagine beauty, love and fun. This cafe has everything you can imagine. To start with it's, well, a cafe. So there's chairs and tables, comfy couches for flopping, a big screen tele, unlimited download on computers for games, Spotify (or an old-school jukebox if you prefer), every movie you can think of on instant demand ... whatever you want, it's here. Post and tell us what'd you'd like.

Plus, there's an infinite menu of whatever food or drinks takes your fancy. And it's all free!

To kick it off, today we have a special range of Monster Milkshakes - those thick gooey shakes topped with cronuts, chocolate bars, cake, cookies ... whatever you want. And if you can get through one of them, you're a legend (and probably feeling a little bit sick LOL!)

Welcome friends.

1,458 Replies 1,458

Guest_5218
Community Member

Great idea Kaz.  

Although I definitely dont qualify as a 'young person', I did want to extend a very warm welcome to all the young people who decide to drop in here.  I was young once!   ( - :

As a welcome gesture, I have left a large fluffy bilby carrying a basket of assorted easter eggs on the front counter.  Please help yourselves, and enjoy.

Happy Easter to you all .............

Sherie xx

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Great Kaz

I also welcome anyone who wants to drop into this cafe. It's a Tardis and always has enough room for everyone. I will not be around here, much too old, but I would love to talk to you on other threads on the forum. Have a good time with all goodies Kaz and Sherie have provided and feel free to bring your own. There can never be too many good things to eat and activities to enjoy.

Leave your worries at the door. If you find you need to talk about them, please start a new thread in one of the other forums. In the meantime, have fun.

Mary

smith98
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hey Kazzl,

I think this is an awesome idea!

And as someone who is currently doing their HSC I want to wish everyone else a warm welcome! Feel free to reply to this if you want some help/support with the HSC or school in general.

Lots of love,

Smith98

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Smith, welcome! Good for you mate, offering help to others is awesome! How's school going for you?

Cheers

Kaz

smith98
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Kaz,

It's going well at the moment! I have my half yearly exams now, but I feel prepared. I'm really lucky that my school has been so supportive, It's great that their policy is that the wellbeing of the students is far more important than the HSC (It should be like that at all schools but I've heard it isn't). 

I am a believer that to do well in the HSC you need to work as a team with other students, whether it be sharing notes and comparing ideas with other students at your school or supporting those who are feeling a little lost who might come here for help. 

Lots of love,

Smith98

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Kaz, Sherie, Mary and Smith!

I want to drop a big welcome for anyone that wishes to pop by in the cafe. I've been in another cafe here at BB--also opened by the lovely Kaz, and it is very lovely as it gives me warmth and strength everyday! I hope this cafe does the same for all the young people here at BB. And if anyone is interested I thought I'd introduce myself--I'm turning 16 years old next month, living in a girls' Catholic school in Glebe, I have had anxiety all my life, had depression for periods of time, and I am here always for anyone who wants to have a chat, I will be 100% supportive and understanding!!

Also, the jukebox sounds like a lovely idea, I have spotify on my phone so I think I'll go old school here 🙂 What do you guys say? Oh oh and there will also be bean bags in the corner for us to sleep on won't there? Wow I'm really excited to stay here and meet new friends!!

And I'll help myself to a Monster Milkshake hmm.. Extra large please! My tummy is empty after all the English I've done tonight!

Looking forward to meet you guys!! Have a great night everybody, and happy Easter!! 🙂

With Love,

Grace xx

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Smith - do you have an exam tomorrow (Tuesday)? Good luck with it mate! Let us know how it goes eh?

Grace hun, you want beanbags then beanbags you shall have. What colours would you like? We haven't really decorated the cafe yet - maybe you and Smith, as the first members, can think about how it should look. Spare no expense - we'll just send the bill to head office.😃

Night guys

Kaz xx

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey dear Kaz!!

Thank you so much, of course I won't go easy on the expenses then 😛 Hmm I was thinking maybe jukebox in the corner, but spotify on one side as well? I changed my mind from yesterday, because today I tried to buy a deal from spotify that's 99 cents for three months but I couldn't buy it because I don't have a credit card. Now that I won't have spotify on my phone, I'll need one in this cafe then haha!! And hmm bean bags.. My favourite colours are blue and yellow, so maybe one each of those, and Smith what do you say?

Also also, maybe some books in the corner bookshelves as well? I just noticed how empty they are!! Maybe expect for those few cooking books on the shelf we should have some casual novels as well 🙂 I was thinking John Green maybe.. Hehe, I'll let you take care of all these Kaz? Thank you so much, you're such a kind soul!!

And while you just want the best for us.. You should take care of yourself too Kaz, I know you are very busy at work, taking double shifts sometimes, but remember to take breaks and relax as well! Maybe listen to some music or read a nice book, watch a comedy movie? Thinking of you Kaz, thank you for building this cafe for us, it is getting more lovely by day!!

Take care Smith, if you had exams today I hope they all went well for you! 🙂

With Love,

Grace xx

smith98
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Kaz and Welcome Grace! 

Sorry for my delayed reply! I just finished my economics exam, and decided the best way to relax and unwind would be a quick stop at the cafe! 

Grace I think you've got a keen eye for design and love the Spotify idea, plus the blue and yellow beanbags! Is it possible to can add a red one? Reds my favourite colour haha

I hope everyone is well and I can't wait to check in soon to hear some more of your cafe ideas Grace. And Kaz what Grace said is absolutely right make sure you take care of yourself too! Sometimes people like yourself are spending so much time helping others they neglect themsef! 

take care guys xx

Smith

PS those messages of support before my exams really meant the world to me!