FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Fortunately/unfortunately

PBelle
Community Member

Hey everyone, I like playing games, so I thought that I would start one that I sometimes play with the pre-schoolers at work. It's called "fortunately/ unfortunately". The aim of the game is tell and create a story, kind of like a serial, but the beginning of each sentence or paragraph has to be with words fortunately or unfortunately. The trick is that they have to alternate. It can be a creative, silly or just plain crazy. But the aim is to keep the story going. I'm going to start with.....

It was a bright sunny morning, so today I went to the beach. Unfortunately everyone else had the same idea as I did, but.....

Next person is to continue the story starting with fortunately.

Feel free to join in!

403 Replies 403

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
...., but fortunately I got there before them all & chose the best spot on the entire beach.

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately though I forgot to bring the beach umbrella

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion
Fortunately a strong icy cold wind blew up so I decided to go to the cafe for some coffee and cake.

PBelle
Community Member
Unfortunately they were out of chocolate cake

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Fortunately they had luscious chocolate brownies so I bought them instead

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion
Unfortunately I ate to many, oooh I'm so full now...

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Fortunately there was some shade under a tree I could go and sit to digest the brownies before going for a swim

Unfortunately a branch fell on top of me

Fortunately I only suffered a small scratch so I got up and headed down to the water for a swim.